5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM REBEL from Holland

RAM1990

Reaction score
Greetings to my fellow RAM-owners.

Since there is very little knowledge on RAMs in Holland, I began searching the internet.
Luckily I came across this forum, and before stealing all you knowledge its more polite to introduce my car first!

I'm from the Netherlands and drive a RAM REBEL 2019.
I Bought it last summer and after a period of getting used to it, i'm now fully satisfied with the car.

Since every topic is worthless without pictures:
IMG_6613.JPG IMG_6611.JPG IMG_6602.JPG IMG_6608.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6601.JPG
    IMG_6601.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 16

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Thanks for the pictures of your Rebel. Looks nice! :)

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Welcome! Did you purchase locally or did you have to import it yourself?

Dynamite

Reaction score
Wow!!! I dont know if its a Monotone Rebel or a Color Matched never seen it before but that looks Really Amazing.

RAM1990

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments We do have RAM dealers over here however the most of them sell RAMs on the side and primarily sell more mainstream cars.
Taxes in Holland are mostly based on emission so it will not be a surprise that a 5th gen RAM costs about €95.000.
The big lifehack is being a company owner, if you need a truck or service van of some sort you can get great tax benefits. I drive mine on LPG so with all benefits combined it turned out to be cheaper to drive and maintain than my BMW 535 diesel.

And yes it definately turns heads because our parkingspaces are made for regular volkswagens and certainly not this monster of a car haha!

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
You are an excellent photographer. My favorite is the second photo where the lights look like racing stripes. Nice truck!

RAM1990

Reaction score
Must admit that i got the photoshoot with the car! The dealer seldomly sells a Rebel because there is no offroad purpose in Holland since everything is flat :) so they wanted it theirselfs and i got the pictures as a bonus

GearHeadJoe

Reaction score
Epic photo skills ..nice truck....I love Hollands Beer, windmills and women....must be pretty baller to roll around in your truck there...
congrats

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Spent some time in The NL on business the past couple of years. Amsterdam, Den Haagen, Maastricht, Sittard, Geleen, etc. Beautiful country and wonderful people. Nice to see a US pickup truck representing over there! Congratulations!

RAM1990

Reaction score
Thanks all! we see these trucks more and more because of tax benefits for business owners
Although Greta Thunberg the climate activist is doing the best she can to prevent us having fun, there are always loopholes :):):)

Holland is generally made for smaller cars, when i want to park this beast I can't go into parking garages since they are max. 2mtr high and have turns and corners which are challenging enough for a VW Golf. But I use this truck for work related traffic only (150km/90miles a day) on the side a have a Porsche Cayman which I can park basically everywhere haha.

Users who are viewing this thread