5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Rebel Factory Lift w/ Air Suspension

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I posted this question in the suspension section of this forum. Since it’s been a week and I haven’t received any response, I decided to post it here for larger visibility. Also, for those that love to reply to post saying “the search bar is your best friend” I’ve already tried it and have not found an answer. So here we go, I’ve been looking into raising the front of my RAM about 1” to fit 33” tires and to level the truck. My question is, is the Rebel w/ air suspension factory 1” lift achieved by hardware or software (air suspension programming)? I’ve already tried changing the links in my previous RAM and didn’t like how it changed the suspension dynamics, the suspension was a little stiff. I prefer the hardware method because it allows me to keep all of the suspension settings. I did noticed that some people use spacers in the suspension but in my research I’ve fund that most users don’t recommend it.

Last edited:

jljbtm

Reaction score
Following, just curious to learn more about this!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this question in the suspension section of this forum. Since it’s been a week and I haven’t received any response, I decided to post it here for larger visibility. Also, for those that love to reply to post saying “the search bar is your best friend” I’ve already tried it and have not found an answer. So here we go, I’ve been looking into raising the front of my RAM about 1” to fit 33” tires and to level the truck. My question is, is the Rebel w/ air suspension factory 1” lift achieved by hardware or software (air suspension programming)? I’ve already tried changing the links in my previous RAM and didn’t like how it changed the suspension dynamics, the suspension was a little stiff. I prefer the hardware method because it allows me to keep all of the suspension settings. I did noticed that some people use spacers in the suspension but in my research I’ve fund that most users don’t recommend it.
It’s just programmed to sit 1” higher. You’d probably have to go back to 2018 or early 2019 threads to see all of the discussion on this. I have the same setup with the ORG + AS.

Users who are viewing this thread