5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram rebel 2021 - clunk sound at cold start

Washwaash

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I have Ram rebel 2021 done 20,000 KM, recently I start hearing knocking / clunk sound coming from the back or the middle not sure but defiantly not from the engine when starting the car in the morning ( one single clunk )
this only happen on cold start and when I start the car using the push button, if i start the car using the remote start it wont happen, any idea what is causing this.
please have a look at these video below

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Check your exhaust flange bolts from the cat back. Also in front as well. Mine did the same thing and it ended being a broken bolt causing an exhaust leak. Mine only did it on cold start. When the truck is cold, tolerances are less, air in the exhaust is denser, so it might be the only time you hear it.

Dealer fixed it under warranty.

Washwaash

Reaction score
Check your exhaust flange bolts from the cat back. Also in front as well. Mine did the same thing and it ended being a broken bolt causing an exhaust leak. Mine only did it on cold start. When the truck is cold, tolerances are less, air in the exhaust is denser, so it might be the only time you hear it.

Dealer fixed it under warranty.
I've schedule an appointment with the dealer, hopefully its nothing serious, thank you

Lurts

Reaction score
If I leave my foot on the brake pedal during startup, I get a similar sound maybe 50% of the time. If I take my foot off the pedal right after hitting the start button, I do not seem to have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread