5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Quietly Introduces Big Horn Sport Model For Canada:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
B79927A5-BCE4-43D5-A630-96A676188CBA.jpg.png

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport - Canada (5thGenRams)

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sports are landing on dealer lots

Last year when Ram introduced the 2019 Ram 1500 the company took a bit of a different approach between trim Levels in the United States and Canada. Whereas in previous years the trim levels matched up between the two countries, for 2019 Ram did away with the Sport trim in the US and created a Sport Appearance Package for Big Horn, and Laramie trims. Canada, on the other hand, did not get a Sport Appearance Package on the Big Horn but the folks up north got a dedicated Sport model as well as the Sport Appearance Package available on the Laramie trim.

To my surprise yesterday while driving past my local dealer right out front they had what appeared to be a Big Horn with the Sport appearance package. I stopped in on my way home, and while they were closed, I was able to take a look and get the VIN to search up the window sticker. While the Sport Appearance Package doesn't show on the Canadian build and price yet, it is available as this dealer had a few trucks equipped the same way in various colors. The Sport Appearance Package on a Big Horn will set Canadians back $495 and comes with body colored front and rear bumpers, body colored grille, black interior accents and front bucket seats with the reconfigurable center console.

2019 Ram 1500 North Edition. (Ram).

With the Sport Package now being available on the Big Horn, it now allows Canadians to mimic another truck that isn't available in Canada, and that is the North Edition. Starting with a Big Horn and adding the Sport Appearance Package ($495), Off-Road Group ($875) and all-weather floor mats ($175) will get you a truck that looks and functions the same as a North Edition for $1545 in options over the base MSRP of a Big Horn.

For those in the U.S looking for something a little sportier, we have a feeling that the Night Appearance Package will be making its way to the new Ram 1500.

Todd

Reaction score
B79927A5-BCE4-43D5-A630-96A676188CBA.jpg.png

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport - Canada (5thGenRams)

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sports are landing on dealer lots

Last year when Ram introduced the 2019 Ram 1500 the company took a bit of a different approach between trim Levels in the United States and Canada. Whereas in previous years the trim levels matched up between the two countries, for 2019 Ram did away with the Sport trim in the US and created a Sport Appearance Package for Big Horn, and Laramie trims. Canada, on the other hand, did not get a Sport Appearance Package on the Big Horn but the folks up north got a dedicated Sport model as well as the Sport Appearance Package available on the Laramie trim.

To my surprise yesterday while driving past my local dealer right out front they had what appeared to be a Big Horn with the Sport appearance package. I stopped in on my way home, and while they were closed, I was able to take a look and get the VIN to search up the window sticker. While the Sport Appearance Package doesn't show on the Canadian build and price yet, it is available as this dealer had a few trucks equipped the same way in various colors. The Sport Appearance Package on a Big Horn will set Canadians back $495 and comes with body colored front and rear bumpers, body colored grille, black interior accents and front bucket seats with the reconfigurable center console.

2019 Ram 1500 North Edition. (Ram).

With the Sport Package now being available on the Big Horn, it now allows Canadians to mimic another truck that isn't available in Canada, and that is the North Edition. Starting with a Big Horn and adding the Sport Appearance Package ($495), Off-Road Group ($875) and all-weather floor mats ($175) will get you a truck that looks and functions the same as a North Edition for $1545 in options over the base MSRP of a Big Horn.

For those in the U.S looking for something a little sportier, we have a feeling that the Night Appearance Package will be making its way to the new Ram 1500.
Great information Jared B. I've got just the sports package feature on my Big Horn. Dealership ordered it that way, but missing those other options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190309-074432.png
    Screenshot_20190309-074432.png
    421 KB · Views: 27

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I like the wheels on that “ blue “ Ram, simple yet clean....

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted a limited with sport Appearance Package, but they don’t seem to have them yet

smiles5619

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Ram Sport. I absolutely love the truck, especially for its sporty look. What I am disappointed in is the fact that when I purchased my Ram, the 12 inch Uconnect wasn't available for the Sport Rams. Now, they are available on the Sports. I can only hope that down the road there's the availability to upgrade it.

I didn't go to a higher package due to the looks of them (too much chrome for me liking) and of course the cost.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Price for that is less than $4000 cheaper than my Rebel and I consider that way above a Bighorn.;)

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
Shouldn't a Sport package have a Sport Hood?

Last edited:

smiles5619

Reaction score
Shouldn't a Sport package have Sport Hood?

You'd think wouldn't you but they don't unless it's ordered with one. It is also an extra 900.00. However, I got one as I am if the same mindset, it's not a sport without the Sport hood.

Users who are viewing this thread