5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Power Running Boards

Sinister.Ram

Reaction score
Can someone help me out with finding the wiring harness for the 2019/2020 Ram power running boards? I called a local dealer and they mentioned it’s only sold in the kit when you buy the boards. Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtxdana

Reaction score
I was told the wire connections for power boards were different between 2019/2020. The power board add on kit is only plug and play for the 2019 model.

Sinister.Ram

Reaction score
I was told the wire connections for power boards were different between 2019/2020. The power board add on kit is only plug and play for the 2019 model.

Interesting.... wonder what they changed. I’m trying to find the wiring but can’t seem to have any luck finding the part #

gtxdana

Reaction score
Interesting.... wonder what they changed. I’m trying to find the wiring but can’t seem to have any luck finding the part #

Something about the location in a connector where the add on wiring went was already being used by another circuit in the 2020 model.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried to be a guinea pig with my 2020 for the power steps. Think he said the list price is around $2200 for it all, and they'd cut me a break at $1700. No thanks.

The difference is in fact the wiring. The steps bolt right up, but they have to connect it differently than the 2019's.

gtxdana

Reaction score
$2200? Is that with labor? The list price on those steps is only $1500. RBP has some power steps you can get from Summit for $1200 , but I figured I would wait for the factory steps. I ordered some Ionic steps to use in the meantime.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't go into too much detail. I would assume with labor as that seemed insane when there are others at much lower prices like you said. Other times that I have donated my truck for science I typically only pay labor and end up with the new parts, so when he barely put a discount on it I immediately dropped it.

Users who are viewing this thread