5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram plans to overtake Silverado

ortvk

Reaction score
GM was having a hell of a time getting their 6 speeds tuned correctly too when they first came out. A friend of mine had a 2007 Yukon Denali with the 6.2 and 6 speed, that thing was non stop with tranny issues, driveline lash issues, they eventually had to replace the engine block because it had a slight crack somewhere and was leaking coolant. I always remember it being the weirdest thing when he first got it, if you were cruising and floored it the trans would try to upshift, then get confused, then downshift.

That truck swore him off GM after owning a few GM products and that's not even getting into all the other issues it had.

Yeah my 2016 Colorado was horrible! Clunks and bangs. You'd give it gas and it wouldn't want to go. Or you'd be cruising at about 25 and give it gas and it would clunk real loud and start going. This 8 speed is a breath of fresh air.

harleyrae

Reaction score
Silverado had nothing exciting to offer to me. Boring sunroof, no air suspension, same ole everything my '15 blackout edition has and most of what my '07 ltz 4x4 has.

AND just did a major transmission rebuild on my '07 with 130,000 miles. Several sensors went out as well. Bill $3,934.79. At least I recevied a 3yr, 100,000 mile warranty on the transmission. Hubby was po'd that this amount of work had to be done @ 130,000 miles. Thank goodness we bought a RAM Rebel before the '07 went out.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
I tell ya, after this being my first RAM, I am enjoying how nice this is to drive. I do have to say though that regardless on research and how an engine breaks in, I always drive a new vehicle like an old man for the first 5k miles, but honestly I never really kick it down unless I really really have to.

With all this being said, I love the competition between Chevy/GMC AND RAM. We all need this competition as it's very healthy for the market. However GM are kinda digging themselves their own hole lately. I have great credit and GM wanted me to finance through them for 7% interest, I looked at the finance guy and just laughed. Maybe it's dealer specific I don't know. Also GM decided to take fog lights off of the Silverado LT Models trying to get people to get more expensive models to get the fog lights. I just don't like the direction GM Is headed and I see what they are trying to do.

I don't think RAM has to do anything, just concentrate on what they are doing to the RAM trucks,. Sit back and watch GM bury themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread