5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM (Phone) Charger - Big Enough to Hold The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2?

Klicht87

Reaction score
Is the size (Folded) any different than a regular samsung phone? Depends on where the battery is. I would say yes it probably does but I don't have one so I can prove that. That's why I had wireless chargers in vehicles because they may not support future designs. The RAM did a very good job though on its placement. Unlike Chevy where it was on top of the armrest and most phones didn't fit.

Klicht87

Reaction score
If it's similar to the non-charging holder it might fit. My S8+ with a low profile case on it fits really snug, and the sizes are similar when mine has the case.
I should mention, I have the wireless charger on mine and an Iphone 12 with a thin case also fits snug but also still charges.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Here is another pic showing the folding thickness vs another high end samsung phone

Attachments

• Samsung-Galaxy-Fold-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-thickness-2-1340x754.jpg
    Samsung-Galaxy-Fold-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-thickness-2-1340x754.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 21

Klicht87

Reaction score
Here is another pic showing the folding thickness vs another high end samsung phone
after seeing that side by side, I would say that phone won't fit. It looks like the battery is on the right side of the phone when unfolded which would not place it over the wireless charging pad. So. my take is it won't fit when folded and when unfolded the battery is on the wrong side.

djjr50

Reaction score
It wont fit. The thickness of a Z Fold is too much. Perhaps you can charge it unfolded, but it would have to be updside down since the charging coils is on the right 'panel' of the phone and the charger is on the left.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Suspected as much. Thinking I will upgrade to the latest Samsung Note phone when the time comes.

Ram are you listening? Fold and flip phones are making a return, kinda like your Grand Wagoneer 1st cousin.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It wont fit. The thickness of a Z Fold is too much. Perhaps you can charge it unfolded, but it would have to be updside down since the charging coils is on the right 'panel' of the phone and the charger is on the left.
Agreed, I didn't realize it wasn't perfectly flat when folded. The way the hinge sticks out there's no way it'll fit when folded.

Users who are viewing this thread