5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Parts Person? Help with Switch!

Kasper

Reaction score
I am hoping someone here is a Ram Parts Guru person who can help me.

I am in Canada and have a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie. Our Headlight Switch now has no off position because of idiots in Government.
I want to replace the Headlight Switch with one that would have been used for a 2022 USA Build Truck and has an Off position.
The USA Truck would have to be optioned with all the same features as mine I am sure.
Perhaps even a 2021 Switch for a Canadian Truck would work as I understand the Canadian Trucks for 2021 had the Off position.

The main reason for doing this at this time is that I can be driving on a cloudy day and my Auto Lights will kick on and then my dash lighting becomes too Dark.
I have the dash lighting set perfectly where I want it for actual night time driving and do not want to have to adjust when the Auto Lights kick on when they really do not need to be on.

I am hoping that by replacing the Switch and then having the Off position that it will prevent the Auto Function from working unless I have it in that position.

I know this will not change the Headlight DRL function but at this time it is not what I am aiming to do.
Eventually I will obtain all the required items for the Alfa OBD and then I will try and change the DRL settings.

Please let me know if you need any information in regards to the Features the my Ram has as I am sue this will need to be known.

I have tried researching this myself and 3 possible options seem to keep coming up but I am not sure which one is correct or if any of them are.
68156061AD - this one keeps coming up the most
68156064AC
68575999AA

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

RBJ

Reaction score
I’ve had success finding and purchasing OEM parts for my 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn Limited even obscure parts and the product staff has proved to be very helpful. Try this site:

Users who are viewing this thread