5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM needs to sell a Limited with a coil suspension.

tdager

Reaction score
I love the air suspension. Great for getting in/out of parking garages but I still have the ability to raise it up when I head down some trails to camp. Plus the ride is amazing...who would not want them?

jastevenson

Reaction score
I would buy them if they provided a better ride than coils because ride is my top priority, but a few people on here and one of the professional reviews have said coils actually ride better. I don’t tow so if ride and reliability are worse, I can’t justify it as much as I love the interior.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my air suspension, but yes, they should offer the Limited with coils as well. More options is always a plus in my mind. Just like I'm still surprised that other truck manufacturers don't offer air suspension as an option. I test drove two top of the line F150s with my wife and they were immediate no-gos for her. Then the RAM with air suspension and the rest is history.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had leafs, coils and bags. I'll take bags if there's an option. I'm up in Michigan right now and I've traveled I-96 near Howell. Even big trucks bail out of the right lane because the bumpy repairs made that last 2 or 3 miles. I can run the right lane in this truck comfortably. Without bags I'd bail out the right lane, too.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
The worst is all the Longhorns ordered with the air suspension option. I'd imagine most people looking for a fully loaded Longhorn are doing so not because of the style, but because they don't want the air suspension that comes on the Limited!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The worst is all the Longhorns ordered with the air suspension option. I'd imagine most people looking for a fully loaded Longhorn are doing so not because of the style, but because they don't want the air suspension that comes on the Limited!
Um...I ordered a fully-loaded Longhorn WITH air suspension. It cost me more than an equivalent Limited, but I preferred its interior, grille, and wheels.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I got the Limited because of the air suspension... Will not get another truck without it.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
I'm someone who likes they only offer air on the limited. I'll be honest as to why. I like knowing I have the top trim level. Truthfully, I'd prefer if Ram made the limited even more limited, and made almost everything standard. Starting in upper 60s and up from there. Ford did this with their Limited which slots above the Platinum. Damn near everything is standard. It makes owning that trim level more exclusive. I realize that's a douchey attitude but I'm not alone in thinking that. If they had a higher trim level that was more exclusive, and provided no real benefits but was more expensive, I would have purchased it. :(

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hitching/unhitching is the most annoying part about this air suspension. When lifting the trailer off of the hitch, the truck just keeps lifting with it and it drives me nuts. I tell it to drop to "exit mode" from the key fob, but the dumb thing doesn't do what I expect it to do. And trying to setup a W/D hitch is a little more complicating when the bags try to level out before getting the bars put on.

I also wish I could stay in "off-road 1" at any speeds. Normal just seems to low-rider with the factory 22's.
Have you tried setting the height you want and putting the truck in jack mode? Used that today when hitching/unhitching the travel trailer. Worked well especially when putting the weight distribution bars on. It even remembers you’re in jack mode when you turn the truck off and back on again.

cra1g

Reaction score
I'm someone who likes they only offer air on the limited. I'll be honest as to why. I like knowing I have the top trim level. Truthfully, I'd prefer if Ram made the limited even more limited, and made almost everything standard. Starting in upper 60s and up from there. Ford did this with their Limited which slots above the Platinum. **** near everything is standard. It makes owning that trim level more exclusive. I realize that's a douchey attitude but I'm not alone in thinking that. If they had a higher trim level that was more exclusive, and provided no real benefits but was more expensive, I would have purchased it. :(

Interesting. I'd go completely the other way, if it was possible--my perfect truck would be Limited inside, Tradesman outside, and TRX under the hood.

IMO, anyone impressed by the trim level of somebody's truck isn't worth impressing anyway.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Interesting. I'd go completely the other way, if it was possible--my perfect truck would be Limited inside, Tradesman outside, and TRX under the hood.

IMO, anyone impressed by the trim level of somebody's truck isn't worth impressing anyway.
Not about impressing as much as I like feeling “exclusive”. Yes I realize the irony in that it’s a pickup truck, but what can I say...I’m a little Boujee ‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online