5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram - Model Year Production Cycle?

arptsprt

Reaction score
Generally speaking, what is the model year production cycle for Ram?

After some research, it isn’t clear to me. I bought my 2020 Rebel on Oct 23. Door sticker says 8/2020 build date. The dealership had a few 2021 Rebels on the lot the day I bought mine.

Thinking Ram starts new model year production in September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From what I can gather from some members on the forum the 2019 Ram came out in April 2018.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The '19 DT was an early rollout.

It seems like it changes between models and years but the DT trucks seem to start around Sep and end around July, giving about 8 weeks to prep (re-tool, etc.) for the next MY.

I'm not sure if there's a specific schedule that FCA tries to stick to but that's what I've noticed since I bought mine and started following the RAM 1500s.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Years ago the traditional new model introductions started around late August to mid-September, with June change-over and actual production starting in late July. That was before just-in-time manufacturing and dealing with hundreds of outside vendors. Now putting a production schedule together requires quite a balancing act.

And, of course, sometimes other things get in the way, like moving production to another plant, or labor strikes.

My '19 was ordered in March and was built on 3 June 2018, which was way outside the normal but not the first time it was done. With parts suppliers and production stabilizing I would imagine Ram introduction and 1st builds will stabilize on a date in the late fall of each year.

Best regards,
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044556 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread