5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM limited wont lock/unlock with FOB

josh23

Reaction score
Hi guys
My RAM seems to not be locking with the FOB when I go to lock the doors or unlock the doors using the buttons. No doors are windows are open.
THe red light flashes on the FOB when I push any button.
The car will lock /unlock when I use the button on the door handle and have the FOB in proximity.

I have put a new battery in the FOB .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thansk Josh

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
RF hub is probably bad. Has your rear window leaked? RF hub is behind rear seat.

josh23

Reaction score
no the rear window seems to be sealed fine. iv never had an issue with and water getting in.
i had a look behind the seat and made sure it was connected ok . RF hub seems ok.

door still wont lock with fob. in fact non of the functions on the fob work . just a red light flasing in fob when button pushed.

6of36

Reaction score
Even if it didn't get wet, sounds like RF hub may have failed.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck did the same exact thing for an entire day last week, then all of a sudden it just started working again.

6of36

Reaction score
My truck did the same exact thing for an entire day last week, then all of a sudden it just started working again.
If it just did it one day, or one place, it's possible it was just local electrical interference. I've known it to happen, that all the sudden, a few cars have a temporary problem. My youngest daughter called me one time, because when she and a few coworkers came out of work, 3 or 4 cars would not unlock. Worked fine on other days. They had to unlock with the keys, and push the button with the fobs to start.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it just did it one day, or one place, it's possible it was just local electrical interference. I've known it to happen, that all the sudden, a few cars have a temporary problem. My youngest daughter called me one time, because when she and a few coworkers came out of work, 3 or 4 cars would not unlock. Worked fine on other days. They had to unlock with the keys, and push the button with the fobs to start.
It happened at several different locations throughout the day across two states, and it hasn’t happened since.

irishwake63

Reaction score
I removed my seat yesterday and made some flashing so water will run away from the hub just to be preventative

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I removed my seat yesterday and made some flashing so water will run away from the hub just to be preventative
Many have talked about doing this but I don't think anyone has. Can you please post some pics and a description of what you used, etc?

irishwake63

Reaction score
all I did was remove seat and covering and get some gorilla tape and affix to the back wall and over the module so if water comes down the wall it cannot enter the module

Bigbags85

Reaction score
My remote has always had terrible range and sometimes I even have to press the button on the door multiple times to get it to lock. I think they're just using very noisy electronics that interfere with each other on these trucks. Most of the time if I try and put both front windows up at the same time using the "auto up" one won't engage lol.

Users who are viewing this thread