5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Limited V6 Regular Gas

llackey23

Reaction score
Looking to see if there are any 2019/2020 V6 Regular Gas Ram Owners on this forum - I would like to get your opinion on your truck.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
My bad - I just saw your fuelly stats - very impressive!!!
The fuelly average is currently skewed high due to two partial fuelups after long ~100% highway road trips that aren't calculated correctly. My lifetime average is something like 17.2 mpg with a non-roadtrip mix of about 65-70% city, 30-35% highway in a hilly area.

You can see more detailed thoughts from me here:
In summary, I think the V6 is a bit underpowered for a loaded Longhorn, though if you're in a flat area it'll probably be sufficient.

dumbo62

Reaction score
I have about 3800 miles on my Limited V6 with 3.21 axle. The fuel consumption average since new shows 23 mpg. I have never reset this. Is it even resettable? Is that what it is showing (average mpg since new)? I have made 2 trips to Reno from Sacramento area to go skiing recently. So about 80% mountain freeway and 20% city driving and got 21.5 and 22 mpg (the first was hand calculated but gauge showed 21.8 mpg on trip A). My previous Jeep Renegade AWD would get 26 mpg on same trip and my previous 2017 Honda Ridgeline would get 23-24 mpg. So I guess for such a big truck nothing to complain about. I do drive slower 67-69 mph vs 72 with the Renegade and the Ridgeline. I am waiting to find out how it does just city driving. My Renegade was poor (16 -17 mpg) at this. Ridgeline was similar.

Users who are viewing this thread