5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram limited 1500 air suspension coding

Jockeyson

Reaction score
Hey hey
I’ve been coding my ram ever since the cable has arrived
I did how ever realise that my off road 2 air suspension setting is no longer there as there normally are 5 but now are only 4 .
If I try to go higher than 4 it’ll say selected ride height not permitted
Does anyone know which bcm I need to code to get back the suspension selection ?

John Galt

Reaction score
Do you have the off-road package?

the off-road package has 1” higher suspension so your “normal” setting is “off-road 1“ and you lose 1 air ride suspension setting if you have the off-road package (or tell the air suspension you do).

Last edited:

Jockeyson

Reaction score
I do have the off road package
I was going through the suspension type and there was like 15 of them and wasn’t sure which one but I’ll have another look when I’m behind the wheel
the off-road package has 1” higher suspension so your “normal” setting is “off-road 1“ and you lose 1 air ride suspension setting if you have the off-road package (or tell the air suspension you do).

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Without ORG, the air heights are: exit, aero, normal, or1, and or2. With the ORG, the heights become: exit, aero, OR1, and OR2. OR1 is then the normal height. You only have 4 options instead of 5

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first time with air suspension and I can't find any use for OR1 or OR2...unless you are rock crawling. Who is doing that with a Limited? Either one of those heights requires you to be at low speed...what am I missing here?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is my first time with air suspension and I can't find any use for OR1 or OR2...unless you are rock crawling. Who is doing that with a Limited? Either one of those heights requires you to be at low speed...what am I missing here?
I park my truck in OR2. Also can help with offroading or going through heavy high snow.

John Galt

Reaction score
when I’m trying to get to some hard-to-get-to hunting spots that get muddy I can see it being useful.

Jockeyson

Reaction score
Is it high enough to avoid door dings from other cars? That may be a good idea!
i actually use this myself and put my side steps out, I did try with a few of my friends cars to see if the stepper takes the hit before the panel does and it does!

Jockeyson

Reaction score
so ive turned my off road capable setting to no and ive gotten back my OR 2 option on the dash
also ive noticed that there is a "vehconfig 7 active suspension control module has damping" option, was wondering if anyone feels a difference when driving with the code enabled?

Users who are viewing this thread