5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM letter removal

AEB113

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a quick question I’m hoping to get some clarity on.

I did some searching and while I have found out how to remove the letters on the grill, there doesn’t seem to be any concrete answer to what I’m trying to ge to the bottom of. I have a ‘23 Laramie Night Edition and I noticed some bubbling and nicks on the “R” when I was applying some vinyl overlays. The logical thing may be to just leave it alone as it’s in a vulnerable spot as is, but I’m also concerned it gets worse.

My question is on the re-install of a new letter “R”. Do the barbs on the posts that (not the four clips) snap into the grill secure the letter to the grill or are there push washers on the posts on the back of the grill? Basically wondering if a new letter is just snap and and forget it.

Hope that isn’t too confusing. Thanks for the help!

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not sure what your asking, but when i change my chrome ram letters to a black ram letters, i only had to push the 3 letters in place and it snap secure, no need to align them.either because of the small posts, cant get it wrong very easy to do

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
not sure what your asking, but when i change my chrome ram letters to a black ram letters, i only had to push the 3 letters in place and it snap secure, no need to align them.either because of the small posts, cant get it wrong very easy to do
Able to pop it out without taking the grill off by chance?
Vinyl on mine look terrible. Could spray paint them if they come off easy.

AEB113

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, but this is what I was looking for. I wasn’t sure if there was something behind the grill holding those posts in place. I appreciate the information.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Able to pop it out without taking the grill off by chance?
Vinyl on mine look terrible. Could spray paint them if they come off easy.
yes but be careful not to go to fast, you could break a pin from the letters, i used 2 trim removal tools, made of plastic from amazon to do it, took my time, and it was easier then i tought it would be

Jake2544

Reaction score
There are round locking tabs on the back of the posts. When I removed and replaced my RAM grill letters they still locked in with the side clips of the letters. Several months and they are still in place. Think you would have to remove the grill to replace the locking tabs on the posts.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are round locking tabs on the back of the posts. When I removed and replaced my RAM grill letters they still locked in with the side clips of the letters. Several months and they are still in place. Think you would have to remove the grill to replace the locking tabs on the posts.
i did not remove my grill and none of my clip broke, evendo i did not re install the original ones, they were exactly like the new ones installed after

Users who are viewing this thread