5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Laramie w/ 6" Pro Comp Lift (PICS!)

RamSco

Reaction score
im just one of those guys that likes the biggest tire that will fit the lift .
I don't begrudge you at all. I get it. Those 37's look awesome. It just wasn't the right combo for me. I live in the mountain states and hill-pulling power is important especially when you're towing (I traded off my diesel for this truck). Nobody wants to be the last guy at the top of the pass :) Being 3.92's are currently the best you can do from the factory, I just felt the 35's on 18's were the right combo.

RamSco

Reaction score
Looks great! How is she running? Any rubbing?
Thanks. Sorry for delayed response. No trimming and no rubbing. I went with 18x9 with 5” backspace which frankly surprised me how close the tires come to my steering knuckles. I don’t think it will be an issue and BDS publishes that spec to be ok. But I’d advise 4.5 backspacing to anyone else just to be on the safe side.

ant0064

Reaction score
Thanks. Sorry for delayed response. No trimming and no rubbing. I went with 18x9 with 5” backspace which frankly surprised me how close the tires come to my steering knuckles. I don’t think it will be an issue and BDS publishes that spec to be ok. But I’d advise 4.5 backspacing to anyone else just to be on the safe side.

That's awesome...good to hear!

ant0064

Reaction score
Looks really good. I like that tonneau cover (just Googled it and found it on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/BAK-Industries-772227RB-BAKFlip-Folding/dp/B07BSHFKH2). How hard is it to install? I assume it fits fine with a LineX bed liner?

I have this same cover and love it. Good choice with the F1, it's composite material and more resistant to scratching and will be gloss black over a more dull matte black...it's worth it for an extra $70 or so over the aluminum MX4 BakFlip. I had a buddy install it for me when he was doing my lift, but I don't think it's very difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread