5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram is the Fastest Depreciating New Truck?

bman77

Reaction score
I don't get where they get some of the values from and motorbiscuit is junk journalism only done to lure you to the site for traffic. They (motorbiscuit) never cite the source of their stats like any reputable media outlet would, so it becomes sensationalism at its' best.

For resale value, I could give a care less about it. If I was worried about resale I would of leased rather than buy.

gpbst3

Reaction score
When I bought my 14' Tundra I think I got $2500 off sticker
When I bought my 19" Ram I got $9000 off sticker.

So yes I think my Ram will be worth less when I trade it in probably around 6k lol.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I bought my 14' Tundra I think I got $2500 off sticker
When I bought my 19" Ram I got $9000 off sticker.

So yes I think my Ram will be worth less when I trade it in probably around 6k lol.

Though surprisingly, if you look at the data in the article, the difference in deprecation between a Tundra and RAM is only 5-7% after 5 years. When you consider how much you got off your truck and the sheer number of RAMs vs Tundras sold, it's actually impressive the resale your RAM has.

Like I pointed out, the difference between the best and lowest in the segment in only a few percentage points, and all of them are way above the industry average.

jkm312

Reaction score
The resale value of your used truck is exactly what you trade it away for in the trade on the next ruck, or what you will accept from the next buyer of the truck when you sell it to that person. It not worth one penny more or one penny less at the point of sale. You will not know what that figure is going to be until that moment. Ultimately the buyer determines the value, not the seller.

Users who are viewing this thread