5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Heavy Duty Gets The Night Edition Treatment:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram Heavy Duty Gets The Night Edition Treatment:
More Menacing Appearance Package Now Available For Heavy Duty Lineup...

Ram-2500-Big-Horn-Night.jpg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is the painted brow and under trim everyone wants on the 1500.

The Heavy Duty is such an awesome truck. I wanted to keep my 2015 for along while, but I really like the new HD. Guess 2021 I will be making a choice lol

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
But why did they keep the goofy antenna in the same place instead of adopting the center shark fin like the 1500s? That is so strange.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I keep coming back to a red truck, I miss daily driving my 99 HD Sport.

This looks awesome.
Screenshot_20190808-131229_Samsung Internet.jpg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But why did they keep the goofy antenna in the same place instead of adopting the center shark fin like the 1500s? That is so strange.
They haven't changed the cab yet, but mainly because out front it doesn't get interfered with by a ladder rack

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
They haven't changed the cab yet, but mainly because out front it doesn't get interfered with by a ladder rack
Even then... Why two? They could have collapsed them into a single one, like the 1500s...

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even then... Why two? They could have collapsed them into a single one, like the 1500s...

Probably for clearance, the 1500 has the notched roof on the back the antenna is able to be a little lower being in that notch. The old cab does not and you would be putting it on the highest part of the roof.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Probably for clearance, the 1500 has the notched roof on the back the antenna is able to be a little lower. The old cab does not and you would be putting it on the highest part of the roof.
Read my question. Why two antennas?
They could have combined the two just like in the 1500s, regardless of placement. The larger one on the 2500 is the same shark fin the 1500s have.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have not noticed the 2nd one...interesting
Right. A buddy of mine just got one a couple of weeks ago. That's the noticeable thing, that they have the shark fin on the right, and what appears to be the SXM antenna on the left. Can't be technology related, since this has all been updated to parallel the 1500s. Just odd that they would not have combined the two for a more cleaner look (never mind the offset of the shark fin. That just drives my OCD nuts). o_O

Users who are viewing this thread