5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ram GT.. need input, resonator delet or just pipes

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so i would like everyones input, because im still debating on this.

i want my tailpipes black

so i bought the flowmaster resonator delet kit that comes with 4.5in black pipes.

so im debating on 2 optoons
1 installing the whole kit
2 installing just the black pipe and not removing resonators

the thing is i have a gt, the gt has special resonators vs regular ram, im affraid it will change the sound.
i dont mind if its louder, i would probably lile it better, but i like the gt sound and i dont know if removing the resonators will change it alot , lile make it worst

thanks

jit11375

Reaction score
Swapping out the resonator will likely increase volume, which shouldn’t be a problem, and I wouldn’t think it would make it sound worse, but exhaust sound is very opinion based. My concern, and what I’m not sure of, is if it would introduce unwanted drone.

Post pics/sound clips once done!

raygun9

Reaction score
I will take your old GT resonators if you want

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My vote is to just replace the tips if you're happy with how it sounds now. Why mess with the sound if you're happy with it the way it is?
I agree. Swapping the tips is quick and easy with one clamp. Swapping resonators involves cutting and maybe welding to do it correctly.

Derrick-23

Reaction score
I ordered the GT exhaust for 23 Rebel. The resonators on the stock exhaust matched the part numbers in the GT exhaust. Only the muffler was a different part number.

1500DFW

Reaction score
I ordered the GT exhaust for 23 Rebel. The resonators on the stock exhaust matched the part numbers in the GT exhaust. Only the muffler was a different part number.

Do you have the GT muffler part number? Is that something that can be ordered by itself?

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapping out the resonator will likely increase volume, which shouldn’t be a problem, and I wouldn’t think it would make it sound worse, but exhaust sound is very opinion based. My concern, and what I’m not sure of, is if it would introduce unwanted drone.

Post pics/sound clips once done!
My vote is to just replace the tips if you're happy with how it sounds now. Why mess with the sound if you're happy with it the way it is?
yes it will probably be a little louder, thats the only thing i would like from.removing the resonators but really scared it will change the sound in a bad way, but i guess i could always re install them if im not happy. i really like how its sounds now but would not.mind a little more louder

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the GT muffler part number? Is that something that can be ordered by itself?

68517364AA
Muffler & LH pipe/ Resonator

68517365AA
RH pipe/ Resonator

The resonators are part of the two parts above pictured below.
C-9408-R or L
GT Resonator

IMG_3644.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 9

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
What did the factory GT exhaust price out at? The Borla Touring for my 2023 Laramie 5.7L is around $1350.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What did the factory GT exhaust price out at? The Borla Touring for my 2023 Laramie 5.7L is around $1350.
Mine was about $1100 shipped a year ago in June from Accessory Parts. I’m sure it’s more by now.

050681D2-54E1-4FD1-99D8-3F795F742B23.jpeg

1500DFW

Reaction score
So would you say it’s safe to say to upgrade to the GT exhaust you’d only need to order the left pipe with the muffler? Since the resonators are the same? And not both part numbers?

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So would you say it’s safe to say to upgrade to the GT exhaust you’d only need to order the left pipe with the muffler? Since the resonators are the same? And not both part numbers?
this has been deal with in a different threat, the resonators are not the same, but in some case, some ram have receive gt resonators by mistake. also one other clue to fin out regular resonator have a small water hole (when you look at them from.behind the truck you would see it)vs gt dont have thoses hole.
so if yours have the same number and also does not have the small water hole, then yes keep the one you already have.

Last edited:

Derrick-23

Reaction score
Yes, my 23 Rebel was one of these mixed up versions where it came with the GT resonators on the stock exhaust. It has the C-9408-L (and R) resonators with the stock muffler, C-9367. I now have the GT exhaust that has the same resonators with the C-9396 muffler.

Also, does anyone in SoCal want my original setup?

robman3387

Reaction score
I just threw on a GT exhaust on my Laramie. Bolt on no modifications. I did from the bolted flange back, muffler and 2 resonators.

IMO it's best of both worlds, loud when you want it and otherwise quiet while cruising. There is some wonky MDS sounds at certain RPMs, but nothing the radio can't fix. It's a bit of a louder cold start, which can be a good or bad thing.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i think what i'll do, the exhaust is in 2 sections, one that comes with the muffler and one resonator and one thats just the resonator. since.mine is from factory i hope its the same,

what i'll try is to uninstall the resonator side and start the engine and listen to it, it should give me a idea of what it could sound without the resonators.... what you all think of this idea

Users who are viewing this thread