5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM grill emblem removal? Help!

iceberg

Reaction score
new to the forum - just got my 2019 last week. used w/19k miles on it but the lone star package with all the safety options. :) glad to have a truck back since my overhauled / rebuilt 2001 sport was totaled aug of last year.

the dealership wanted $799 to take off the chrome and put black badging on. i giggled and said no, even though i hate chrome. i already knew the hood, grill and tailgate would be around $150 for the emblems. OEM.

hood - looks like pop out if you're careful. start prying from bottom and pry up. the new ones look to pop in and down so that seems to make sense.
grill - same. just pop off letting carefully with a trim remover.
doors - just want RAM gone and will put nothing back. looks like heat gun on low to help warm it up and then fishing line behind it to pull the letters off, then clean up.
tailgate - is this 2 sided tape? snap in? both? i don't have the new one in yet so i can't look at it to figure it out.

in any event, looking forward to many years in my hemi-truck. :)

iceberg

Reaction score
from help here and watching a youtube video or 2, i got my RAM badging off the doors. fishing wire (14 lb and still broke on avg once per letter!), carefully pulling the tape off, as many times as needed, and then goo-gone for the rest til you buff off the excess with a terry cloth, run it through the local car wash n wax and i'm set.

hoping the hood / tailgate badging comes in today so i can complete the conversion.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good info, thx!

Does anyone have the part numbers for these in black:
- R A M letters on the grill
- 1500 badges on the Sport hood
- RAM logo for the Multi/Dual Tailgate

Want the chrome gone...
...also want to get the SPORT decal off, but will wait till I have more patience...

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
I plasti dipped my tailgate badge and hood 1500 badges. Didn’t work for front badge.

Users who are viewing this thread