5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM grab handle mount

jermanoid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this grab handle RAM ball mount will work in a 5th gen 1500 rebel? I'm looking for a good solution to mount my HAM radio faceplate. Not really wanting to use the center tray above the radio or the seat bolt bendy mounts.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How heavy is it?

I don't think it would be in a very safe location, the handles are pretty close to the windshield and the screws go to the right, not out to you even if it did "fit".

There are 2 screws you can take out and see for yourself, the A-Pillars come out super easy, I have taken them off several times for various reasons.

There are also airbags inside of the pillar so if you got into an accident and they deployed theres a change you could be taking the radio to the face.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe find an enthusiastic young person who can design a custom mount for you in CAD and then 3d-print it? There's so much they can do now online, with student editions of online CAD and either their own 3d printers, or send the files off to an online 3d-printing service. Mount it elsewhere low on the dash, or in the center console, to avoid the very real airbag problem DarkSteel mentioned. Just a thought.

jermanoid

Reaction score
How heavy is it?

I don't think it would be in a very safe location, the handles are pretty close to the windshield and the screws go to the right, not out to you even if it did "fit".

There are 2 screws you can take out and see for yourself, the A-Pillars come out super easy, I have taken them off several times for various reasons.

There are also airbags inside of the pillar so if you got into an accident and they deployed theres a change you could be taking the radio to the face.
Ah what an excellent point.

Users who are viewing this thread