5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Got Beat for 2020

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford does have similar sales incentives as Ram and GM. In 2018, I was looking at a GMC Sierra. The sticker was $53k and I could have gotten it for close to $40k. Because of the frame shake issue plaguing those trucks, I looked at my first F150. MSRP was $52k. I got it for $38,500. I never looked at the Ram in 2018. I regretted that F150 purchase when I saw my first 2019 Ram. Thought I was going to get a 2020, but couldn't sell the car I was driving until November, so I got me a '21. Glad I did.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I disagree with ford having similar incentives. I think Ram was 10-12k off a mid 60k truck and ford was closer 6k-8k for a 60k f150. I only looked at two ford dealers so I may not have exposure.

Then we get into the "which brand has more features for same msrp" which Ram is winning at the moment.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it's just semantics but I feel the Silverado and Sierra should be counted together. Sierra is literally just another trim level of the same truck.

So Ram is really #3 in my mind on total sales. #1 in my mind on best truck though. # 99 in service departments though.

Truckit

Reaction score
The only number that surprises me is that Ram sold over 80k 4th gens in the US. Still fairly good demand. The other thing to take into account many consumers like myself are still waiting months for a new truck. Mine was supposed to be here in December but nothing yet. Our local dealer had a lot of trucks sold that will be sales in 21 rather than 20 due to parts shortages.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree that both Chevy and GMC should be combined, however, Ford and the media always separate them out to show the disparity between the F150 and the Chevrolet (next highest selling truck brand). If GM combined their numbers, they might outsell Ford from one year to the next. The difference is Ford has one lineup of trucks and GM has two. If Lincoln had a pickup offering, then they could combine the parent manufacturer models, but they keep using only the single brand.

Regarding the Ford rebates I mentioned, I should clarify that they were on the XLT. The biggest rebates offered were on their version of the Big Horn. The Lariat didn't even half the discounts the XLT did, so if you weren't looking at the XLT, then you're right, the discounts weren't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/