5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Falls Short in JD Power Initial Quality Rankings

sessman

Reaction score
I just read this as well, is the new UConnect 5 system that bad? I'm glad I didn't wait for a 2022 to get it...

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just read this as well, is the new UConnect 5 system that bad? I'm glad I didn't wait for a 2022 to get it...
I don’t think it’s worse than the uconnect4, but the uc5 has more features/complexity if you dont know how to use it. I could see that being an issue for non-techy people.

tgram

Reaction score
I consider myself very technical (software developer for 30 years) and I can tell you that uc5 on my new 2022 Limited is one of the worst softare I have seen in a long time. Some really hard to believe bugs where system resets navigation every time you put it in reverse, resets settings randomly, changes themes randomly, weather and traffic streaming does not work - really hard to believe at this day in age to find these types of basic bugs in a system like this. Having said that, it does look really good when it does work - so yes it is usable once you get used to getting around these issues but this does not change the fact these types of bugs are inexcusible - their QA system really sucks if they keep releasing sofware with these types of bugs.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No doubt UConnect 5 on the 12” screen is a disappointment. It’s usable but like mentioned the constant bugs and dropping features is inexcusable for a vehicle in this price range. They made a huge mistake releasing this so soon. If I pay an extra $2000 for that option I expect it to work perfectly.

tgram

Reaction score
By the way, despite my negative post about uc5, I am still overall thrilled with my new 2022 Limited - no regrets. Drives like a dream and other than uc5 I have no complaints whatsoever (it is my first truck ever as well - I drove GMC Yukon Denali for many years before I got the RAM and thought that was an awesome car as well - but the RAM drives even better). I am sure they will eventually fix the uc5 issues (at least the most obvious ones) - but I am also sure that will take longer than we all want.

sessman

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s worse than the uconnect4, but the uc5 has more features/complexity if you dont know how to use it. I could see that being an issue for non-techy people.
That isn't what they're saying at all...they're saying it fails frequently not that it has too many features lol...

sessman

Reaction score
My UConnect4 is pretty solid, my biggest complaint is that my Bluetooth phone favorites randomly disappear and need to be re-added. I had the issue where my phone wouldn't automatically connect via Bluetooth but discovered (thanks to this forum) that it was due to permissions on my phone. Fixed those and no longer have that problem.

Every once in a blue moon (literally once every 3ish months or so it seems like) it won't turn on at all/freezes and I have to restart the truck then it's fixed.

Other than that pretty solid I'd say.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That isn't what they're saying at all...they're saying it fails frequently not that it has too many features lol...
Yes, I realize that, and it hasn’t had enough time in production to do an accurate comparison. Just like they can’t accurately give MY awards for vehicles that have only been out a few months.

Akerwin10

Reaction score
I have only had my truck for a couple of weeks but so far the uc5 has worked without a hiccup for me. Hoping it stays that way. Also I have the 8.4 inch screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/