5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram drives better than our Escalade !!

FrankDaddy

Reaction score
We have a 2017 luxury edition Escalade. It’s a nice ride and I love the 6.2 motor. After just getting a 2022 Laramie I’ve done a few rides on same roads and have come to the conclusion the ram has a better ride by a noticeable amount and the both have the same 22’s tire size . It’s truly remarkable what ram did with the chassis and suspension with this vehicle .

Attachments

• 37CD6D74-8587-4048-A210-F0A6EB6485F9.jpeg
    37CD6D74-8587-4048-A210-F0A6EB6485F9.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 72

Burnzie

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the coil overs in the back instead of leaf springs like in other trucks , wait till you tow something heavy, then you'll wish you had the leaf springs ( my experience so far)

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the coil overs in the back instead of leaf springs like in other trucks , wait till you tow something heavy, then you'll wish you had the leaf springs ( my experience so far)

The gm suvs use a similar type of rear suspension as the ram.

And that’s nothing some helper bags can’t fix. I needed to add an aal to my gm truck with leaf springs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, another bag of worms air vs non?
No other brands have been close IMO
Truly can't decide which is better to me. Only vehicle that has been close is a buick lacrosse, final model, and travel for work "let me" rack up windshield in all of them. I was the guy that used to, take a downgrade, since a 16 camry rode better than Taurus, 300, or impala.

ChrisID

Reaction score
I agree. My 20 Laramie and 21 Limited, both with air have been the best riding vehicles I've owned in a very long time, including F150, GM 1500's, Chrysler 300, Caddy ATS, Yukon and Yukon XL's, etc.... The only vehicle that road better in the last 20 years that I've owned is the Buick Park Ave. And probably why I have two Ram's now (different locations). And they tow better than any prior truck too.
And the Ram 'drives' better too than any prior truck, but not better than the 300, ATS, Park Ave. to be expected.

ChrisID

Reaction score
Forgot to add my wife's late model Grand Cherokee. Ram rides and drives better.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
The only vehicle I've been in that rides better is my mother's new Wagoneer, which is to be expected since it's heavier on the same frame.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will admit my 2017 Silverado with cst coil overs rode better than my new ram. ( even before I lowered it)

A good set of coil overs goes a long way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have a 2021 Yukon and my 2020 Ram rides better. Both are coil springs. Ram did a fantastic job with the suspension tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread