5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram (Doesn't) Care

RSConsulting

Reaction score
In all honesty - if you didn't see something like this in a pre-delivery once over - how can you expect RAM to cover it? Once it leaves the lot, it could have been done by the owner.

There were some things I caught after getting the truck home (most importantly, the rear drain leak) that were remedied (no mildew or mold).

By the time I took delivery, it was dark out - so a "fine tooth comb" inspection was difficult (if not impossible). A small door ding was visible, and was noted and dealt with.

Pretty much - for cosmetic stuff - if it's not noted on a "we owe" when you drive off the lot - there's no way of knowing if you GOT THE TRUCK like that, or had an OOOPS and are trying to hang it on FCA. To what extent you can hold RAMCARES accountable, is debatable.

Just sayin...

Rick

ac1dd

Reaction score
In all honesty - if you didn't see something like this in a pre-delivery once over - how can you expect RAM to cover it? Once it leaves the lot, it could have been done by the owner.

Rick

I've prepped new cars for decades and it DEFINITELY looks like one of the PDC guys accidentally sliced through the plastic seat protectors with their X-acto knife while cutting the plastic away. Also razor blade scrapers (along with glass cleaner) are used to remove monroney label sticker (I'd bet money on it that the monroney sticker label was on that window location) and occasionally we'd have a guy a bit careless with their blade and accidentally do a cut like this. It's more common than it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread