5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Dis-incentives

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And that behavior would be in conflict with their franchise agreement.
It's hard to prove, unless they said it in writing - but that is against the rules.
I wonder if anyone has ever moved to your town and didn't buy a new Chevy in conjunction with buying their house!
You are not new here, there a many here that claim this exact thing has happened to them.

I could care less about it, it's their policy they can push customers my way.

TSR6

Reaction score
Well stated. That's typically what I've experienced with Middle TN dealers. Also, if you go in a little educated, you can tell if the dealer is b/s'ing you.

That popup comes and goes. I haven't seen it popup since December since they were doing the 10%-15% off.

I got that, plus a $2k incentive they direct mailed me.

U

User_3336

I got that, plus a $2k incentive they direct mailed me.
the $1,000 private offer did popup on a 2024 yesterday (not on 23's). Signing up for their "mailing list" rarely generates a TDM, but its possible.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
The $2k private offer and the 10% off MSRP were indeed mutually exclusive. A dealer sent me the document that describes what can and cannot be combined. As RAM Cares describes, the private offer could be combined with some other non-standalone offers like military, etc., but that would be unlikely to be useful in most cases since the total would only be big enough to be of value on lower trims.

What added to the confusion was that some dealers didn't know how the incentives worked as they would quote me a price that included my private offer. Maybe they were just covering the $2k themselves or maybe the conflict would be revealed when we sat down to write up the sale.

In any case, the incentive program is unnecessarily complicated and whatever additional sales RAM hopes to generate by using them may result in the opposite.

Oh, and the $1k offer you see in the popup? Most likely to suffer the same fate as my $2k offer.

U

User_3336

The $2k private offer and the 10% off MSRP were indeed mutually exclusive. A dealer sent me the document that describes what can and cannot be combined. As RAM Cares describes, the private offer could be combined with some other non-standalone offers like military, etc., but that would be unlikely to be useful in most cases since the total would only be big enough to be of value on lower trims.

What added to the confusion was that some dealers didn't know how the incentives worked as they would quote me a price that included my private offer. Maybe they were just covering the $2k themselves or maybe the conflict would be revealed when we sat down to write up the sale.

In any case, the incentive program is unnecessarily complicated and whatever additional sales RAM hopes to generate by using them may result in the opposite.

Oh, and the $1k offer you see in the popup? Most likely to suffer the same fate as my $2k offer.
Dealers sometimes play dumb when it comes to rebates. All a dealer has to do is log into their DEALERCONNECT system, key in your zip code, the VIN, and it will instantly tell them which rebates apply and which will stack (How do you think the finance office ends up with this list). If a dealer gives you a run around about rebates, then they're playing some game (or somehow trying to retain rebates and not offering them to you). there is a rebate sheet you are supposed to sign in the finance office detailing the rebates. Ask for it if not offered.

P.S. RAM CARES is a general source of information concerning rebates. Should and could are NOT words you want to hear here.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Dealers learned they don't have to cut prices as much as they did pre-Covid.
They learned that people will buy no matter what.
Spend extra on marketing and commercials and YouTube and people will come.
Jack up prices and give small discounts and people will buy as they think they are getting a deal.
Now when the backlog increases, instead of giving a better deal, they just cut production which we are now starting to see.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers learned they don't have to cut prices as much as they did pre-Covid.
New Ram sales have tanked, base prices have gone up. They need to cut prices to move trucks, Jeep just cut prices on all their Grand Cherokees(new window stickers printed).

All a dealer has to do is log into their DEALERCONNECT system
Not all sales members get that option, there are dealers that will not allow the sales team to look at rebates and apply them(its a bad business practice IMO) they force it through sales or a finance team(don't get me started about finance teams).

Users who are viewing this thread