5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Dealership

Kenny4

Reaction score
Just recently my daughter got a " special price deal " solicitation, to change her air filter and cabin filter in a 2021 Grand Cherokee for---Are you ready---$210 plus tax. I changed both of them for her in about 5 minutes for $35. This is where the term STEALERS/DEALERS basically comes from. It is just so hard these days to trust any of them. Do they really change your oil filter---Put in the oil they claim etc, etc.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
All dealerships are not created equal. There are good dealerships and bad dealerships. The trick is finding a good one. My local CDJR dealership has a great sales staff, excellent parts department, and less than stellar service department. Another dealership that's about 30 miles farther away has mediocre sales staff, but their service department is excellent. So from now on I buy from the local dealership and have the one farther away provide the service and warranty work. Not ideal but it's worth it after my last experience at the local dealership service desk.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are a lot of people who do not know any better or do not know anyone to help them. That's who pays those prices and that's who shows up for such service. Sad but true. My wife would've paid that before we met. She has no clue if that's a reasonable price.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is why I do my own basic service myself, oil changes and filter changes are on me, I will only go to the dealership for warranty work. Luckily, my 2019 hasn't had to go back to the dealership since I bought her, but I've had to go the the dealer for other things and it's not been the most pleasant experience.

My Toyota dealership has been the opposite, complete 180 in service and attitude. However, I know that in a lot of cases, this is a case by case thing, there are good Stellantis dealerships.

6of36

Reaction score
I don't go to the dealer for oil changes, or other maintenance, but my local dealer is fantastic for warranty service. 4 out of 5 dealers I have gone to were what I would consider very good. And thirty years ago, I was a dealership mechanic. Way better experiences than at GM dealerships I had used. They are franchises, and some are run better than others.

Kenny4

Reaction score
Unfortunately there are a lot of people who do not know any better or do not know anyone to help them. That's who pays those prices and that's who shows up for such service. Sad but true. My wife would've paid that before we met. She has no clue if that's a reasonable price.
Yes---This is my daughter who is single and by herself and without a clue and very very trustworthy of everyone---Going forward I'll do her oil changes and light maintenance.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many dealers add service when performing a cabin filter service, many add a hvac service to help clean bacteria. Filters are around $100 list(if they sell them for list). Is it worth the extra $110, probably not. If they didn't explain that then they are sleazy.

Jako

Reaction score
Many dealers add service when performing a cabin filter service, many add a hvac service to help clean bacteria. Filters are around $100 list(if they sell them for list). Is it worth the extra $110, probably not. If they didn't explain that then they are sleazy.
What is involved with a "hvac service to help clean bacteria"?

6of36

Reaction score
That would be either involve steam, or chemical cleaning of coils and housing. Not necessary, unless it had a clogged drain, that could grow bacteria, that could cause Legionnaire's Disease. However some people would want to do it anyway. Not me.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are 2 that are used, one uses a wand and applies a chemical to the evaporative coil and housing internals. The other is an aerosol can that is sprayed through the air inlet and helps prevent/remove growth.

Bacteria can grow if the drain is plugged or not. There have been TSB's from multiple manufacturers about odor from the hvac vents and they all have a process to help eliminate it.

Users who are viewing this thread