5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram customer service gave me some free oil changes (insert eye roll emoji)

gpbst3

Reaction score
I recently completed a Ram survey and brought up the AC issues and the small paint defect on my passenger door. I requested to be contacted and surprisingly they reached out. Of course the rep has never heard of any AC issues and she only handles Ram cases. I told her about this forum and the 40 plus pages of complaints. My guess is the dealers are not reporting the complaints to FCA because they feel it is within factory specs.

As to the paint defect I was checking to see if they could do anything else for me instead of repainting the entire door. I asked if I could get a nice discount on the extended warranty. Of course that was a no, but they would paint the door under warranty.

She says she can give me a few oil changes for my troubles. Its better than nothing right. I get the email for the service contract and low an behold they only give $30 towards and oil change and $10 towards tire rotation. WTF $40 will barely cover half the cost of the dealership oil change. Free oil change my A$$

Mason1217

Reaction score
I recently completed a Ram survey and brought up the AC issues and the small paint defect on my passenger door. I requested to be contacted and surprisingly they reached out. Of course the rep has never heard of any AC issues and she only handles Ram cases. I told her about this forum and the 40 plus pages of complaints. My guess is the dealers are not reporting the complaints to FCA because they feel it is within factory specs.

As to the paint defect I was checking to see if they could do anything else for me instead of repainting the entire door. I asked if I could get a nice discount on the extended warranty. Of course that was a no, but they would paint the door under warranty.

She says she can give me a few oil changes for my troubles. Its better than nothing right. I get the email for the service contract and low an behold they only give $30 towards and oil change and $10 towards tire rotation. WTF $40 will barely cover half the cost of the dealership oil change. Free oil change my A$$
Check your dealerships website for coupons. Literally took mine yesterday, 40 bucks out the door with tire rotation. 7149B4BF-BFCB-4448-8165-DDFE9A832FEB.png

Mason1217

Reaction score
What I found interesting is that the dealership said Ram recommends conventional oil and NOT synthetic or synthetic blend

gpbst3

Reaction score
Check your dealerships website for coupons. Literally took mine yesterday, 40 bucks out the door with tire rotation.

You lucked out then. Doesnt our trucks take 7 quarts? Coupon only covers 5.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I found interesting is that the dealership said Ram recommends conventional oil and NOT synthetic or synthetic blend

They're wrong, and just selling you oil in their best interest, not yours. However, there's nothing wrong with using the conventional oil either. What's wrong is saying one NOT the other.

Users who are viewing this thread