5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Connect - Vehicle Location

mcat79

Reaction score
I just received my truck yesterday after it's long journey from Lake Charles. I discovered something that might be applicable to others. I was trying to track my truck after MD told me it had left, but the location would always show as at the dealership even though the app said the location updated successfully. A workaround is to unlock, then lock the truck with the app, and then update the location. That worked every time and I was then able to follow the truck's journey. Any time the tuck is started the location updates just fine, but on a car hauler/train that obviously doesn't happen, so try the above solution if you need to track your truck.

bdx

Reaction score
Did you ever have problems connecting? I keep getting "Request Timed Out" when trying to Unlock or Request Location.

mcat79

Reaction score
No, never had issues with requests timing out. I’d imagine your truck is in an area with poor cellular signal.

Reactions: bdx

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online