5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Connect Services

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my Navigation and Assistance packages expire in 2 days. It’s $250 for both, or $100 and $150 each (all prices per year). Outside of remote starting my truck at work once in a while, I don’t use the app often. Navigation I strictly use Waze. Just making sure I’m not going to be completely missing some things I may not be thinking of. Seems like the prices are a little high for “nice to have items”.

How many of you have renewed these and did you feel the value was there once you had to pay for them?

Last edited:

Nova90

Reaction score
So my Navigation and Assistance packages expire in 2 days. It’s $350 for both, or $100 and $150 each (all prices per year). Outside of remote starting my truck at work once in a while, I don’t use the app often. Navigation I strictly use Waze. Just making sure I’m not going to be completely missing some things I may not be thinking of. Seems like the prices are a little high for “nice to have items”.

How many of you have renewed these and did you feel the value was there once you had to pay for them?
Mine is coming due in a month or so...and I agree with you. I don't see much value for the kind of yearly fee. I've locked it remotely a small handful of times mostly to double check if I wasn't sure if I locked it. The GPS locator is nice I suppose if the truck were ever stolen and you "might" be able to find it.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine expired last week, I did the $150 option, the nav sucks so not paying for it. I've used the app to remote start a few times but like the GPS of the app and the price per year is in line with what an aftermarket alarm would cost

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I find the TomTom nav to be pretty terrible as well, at least in my area so I would never pay anything for that. The whole system is just so glitchy, certainly not worth paying anything for. Ram keeps emailing saying I am expired, click to renew. I was curious how much money they wanted but their link takes me to a dead end. They can’t even get that right!

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I find the TomTom nav to be pretty terrible as well, at least in my area so I would never pay anything for that. The whole system is just so glitchy, certainly not worth paying anything for. Ram keeps emailing saying I am expired, click to renew. I was curious how much money they wanted but their link takes me to a dead end. They can’t even get that right!

I’ve decided to just let it go at this point. I may reconsider in the winter when it’s nice to get into a warm truck but for now I’ve decided that $100 for Nav which I’ve never used or $150 for the other package isn’t really worth it for my use case. I also find it funny Ram is charging anywhere from $25 a month or $250 a year for both packages and my wife’s Tesla is a cool $9.99 a month and seems like it actually adds value.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wait…..you have to pay for Nav? 🤔

Been free after initial cost at ordering in my current Laramie the last 5 years. What’s different? Am I missing some other extra option available now I didn’t know about?

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The nav is still there but I guess it is map updates, send route to the truck remotely, and a couple other things.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The nav is still there but I guess it is map updates, send route to the truck remotely, and a couple other things.
OK. Good to hear. I haven’t paid for updates in the last 9 years having Nav. Figured it was a huge waste. Roads never change around here like in bigger cities.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK. Good to hear. I haven’t paid for updates in the last 9 years having Nav. Figured it was a huge waste. Roads never change around here like in bigger cities.
Same. Waze on the 12” screen is where it’s at.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That does not give you map updates.
It gives you live traffic and weather.
Edit: it claims to provide map updates but mine has never downloaded a map update and has a bunch of highway exists in several states wrong. So still useless.

Mine is coming due in a month or so...and I agree with you. I don't see much value for the kind of yearly fee. I've locked it remotely a small handful of times mostly to double check if I wasn't sure if I locked it. The GPS locator is nice I suppose if the truck were ever stolen and you "might" be able to find it.
This is not needed. Check your subscriptions. My truck came with 10 YEARS worth of finding the truck if it's stolen. Sorry for the picture spam!
1653010852057.png
1653010880081.png 1653010941502.png
1653010928154.png
1653011039015.png

Nova90

Reaction score
That does not give you map updates.
It gives you live traffic and weather.
Edit: it claims to provide map updates but mine has never downloaded a map update and has a bunch of highway exists in several states wrong. So still useless.

This is not needed. Check your subscriptions. My truck came with 10 YEARS worth of finding the truck if it's stolen. Sorry for the picture spam!
View attachment 129899
View attachment 129900 View attachment 129902
View attachment 129901
View attachment 129903
Where do you see this? I wondering if it's a 2022 UConnect 5 thing? When I log into my Ram account, I don't see the same subscription info. I only see my Sirius XM Guardian plan.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you see this? I wondering if it's a 2022 UConnect 5 thing? When I log into my Ram account, I don't see the same subscription info. I only see my Sirius XM Guardian plan.

Yea I think it’s a 22 thing. It’s Ram Connect instead of Guardian I believe. I could be wrong though.

Honcho

Reaction score
I've got a 2022 power wagon With the 12" and and you connect 5 or whatever it's called. I pay for traffic services monthly. Thought I'd give it a try as I travel a lot
It would show if traffic was slow with a big yellow line etc it was also supposed to show gas stations and their prices this is well it did for about a week.
Then It did an update about 2 weeks ago And I lost functions such as my rear camera
Then traffic services would work maybe 2 at a 7 days a week.
So I pushed the button on the screen and somebody came on and somebody ended up calling me And opening a file which was good because I wanted my rear camera back
this truck is 6 weeks old.
Somebody from ram connect opened a file And we managed to get the camera back yet what happens is it will only read about a block ahead which is useless
And it no longer gives me the gas station prices, It will just point out where they are
I'm currently waiting for a call from them we scheduled it for today and I just was browsing on here, they said we're gonna try something to fix this This meaning I guess the traffic service as is not working properly.

When it did work I took a trip after I 1st purchased it purchased it and I was going through a large city and I wanted to see a ahead you know if there was traffic and whether I should buy pass it or not, it was very helpful in that situation, yet it has to work in order to be helpful!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea I think it’s a 22 thing. It’s Ram Connect instead of Guardian I believe. I could be wrong though.
I thought I read somewhere they are the same thing but i'm not sure.
I know when I tried to use a uconnect app or something I ended up hitting the call support button in the truck as it wouldn't work right when I went to the (activate) app in the truck.
They were very confused and legit told me that app isn't support to be on my truck, that's for mobile activation and it will never work. They had me uninstall the uconnect app from my phone and use the Ram app, which worked.

If I had to guess UC5 has different subscripts for UC4 I guess. Kinda weird to change the entire head radio unit mid generation run imo.

I've got a 2022 power wagon With the 12" and and you connect 5 or whatever it's called. I pay for traffic services monthly. Thought I'd give it a try as I travel a lot
It would show if traffic was slow with a big yellow line etc it was also supposed to show gas stations and their prices this is well it did for about a week.
Then It did an update about 2 weeks ago And I lost functions such as my rear camera
Then traffic services would work maybe 2 at a 7 days a week.
So I pushed the button on the screen and somebody came on and somebody ended up calling me And opening a file which was good because I wanted my rear camera back
this truck is 6 weeks old.
Somebody from ram connect opened a file And we managed to get the camera back yet what happens is it will only read about a block ahead which is useless
And it no longer gives me the gas station prices, It will just point out where they are
I'm currently waiting for a call from them we scheduled it for today and I just was browsing on here, they said we're gonna try something to fix this This meaning I guess the traffic service as is not working properly.

When it did work I took a trip after I 1st purchased it purchased it and I was going through a large city and I wanted to see a ahead you know if there was traffic and whether I should buy pass it or not, it was very helpful in that situation, yet it has to work in order to be helpful!
There was a glitch with old firmware.
Get the current firmware which is\was S23.13 and do a factory reset.
I don't know if the 2500s have the same firmware\software as a 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread