5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram classic 2021 5.7 regular cab what gas octane

RamQ

Reaction score
Hello guys I’m new here I just buy my first truck I go with ram classic because I want the regular cab so I chose the 4.4 with hemi 5.7 2021 model and I ask about what gas octane should I go for I live in Qatar Middle East and here the gas only two type one is the 95 octane and the other is 91 octane also the price is almost same but the 95 little higher in price I heard people said 89 for ram but with my concern I just have two options should I go for 91 or 95 and I buy my car before 2 days

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

As for octane, it should be 89 (RON+MON) or 93 RON. That is the recommended octane, but the Hemi can run on 87 (R+M) or 91 (RON) if you have to.

I'm not sure what octane rating system they use in Qatar, but I would compare your octane ratings at fuel pumps you are using, it should show either (R+M) or (RON) next to the octane sticker on the pump itself to know which one to use.

But based on what you stated, only 91 or 95, it seems your country uses a RON rating. That would be similar to 87 and 91 in the US. If that is the case, I would use 95 RON, or you could fill half the tank with 91 and half with 95, which would get you the 93 RON recommended by RAM. You can technically run on 91 RON, but if you do, I would keep an eye on any engine pinging/detonation.

Last edited:

RamQ

Reaction score
Thanks bro for quick replay the gas is 91 Ron and 95 Ron yesterday I do my first fuel for the car I put 91 because I have no idea I just read in google it’s need 89 so I said 91 closer to 89 than the 95 but the price not issue it all because if I full the tank the difference not come to 3 dollar maybe less but I want to do the best for the car if I change to 95 now it’s will be problem or it’s fine

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Absolutely, happy to help.

At just 3 dollars a tank difference, 95 RON makes sense. It meets/exceeds the recommendation for just a few bucks more. However, I am speaking from a US spec truck.

By chance, what does your owners manual state? Just curious if they tuned the engine a little different in your country to either use 91 or 95 instead or is it a US spec truck? Is there a decal inside the fuel door with an octane recommendation?

RamQ

Reaction score
No the fuel door is just random number and letter like 16AA or so I’m not sure about if different than USA version I buy the car cash price is 37000 dollar but I think it’s almost seem but not sure because now from the COVID pandemic I didn’t visit USA but I will visit around new year your advice to put the 95 better I will go for that

RamQ

Reaction score
SD rebel my bad you are 100% correct I just check the owner manual catalog that come in English and Arabic and it said u can use 91 for the 3.6 but for the 5.7 I have they show u can put 91-95 but they recommend 95 for better performance and I call the technician he tell me no problem wait until the fuel 91 I put yesterday to finish then keep it 95

SD Rebel

Reaction score
SD rebel my bad you are 100% correct I just check the owner manual catalog that come in English and Arabic and it said u can use 91 for the 3.6 but for the 5.7 I have they show u can put 91-95 but they recommend 95 for better performance and I call the technician he tell me no problem wait until the fuel 91 I put yesterday to finish then keep it 95

That's cool, so your engines actually have a higher octane recommendation than ours do. Though I suspect it has more to do with your available octane, since 93 isn't a normal option, they just went with the higher one I suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread