5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Cares? Canadian dealers ripping off customers......

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a TRX and have been actively looking for one over the last 6 months or so. I started with a local dealer and after 4 different dealerships, the last one's financial manager told me the following in private.

Canadian's can NOT order a TRX. In fact, each dealer told me this. The only way to get one to a dealer, is that FCA allocates randomly, to each dealership a TRX here and there. One of the sales people pulled up some website that showed vehicles coming to them in the future, and there was a TRX listed. But no VIN so no info. All he said was I can contact you when it comes in, and that was 3 months ago with nothing. OK, back to this finance manager.....

He confirmed that the above is true and get this: he said I will absolutely NEVER be able to buy a brand new TRX. Why? Because they can't mark them up. So what this dealer does (and from what I have gathered, the others do as well.....) is take the new one, put some mileage on it, and sell it as a demo vehicle. This dealer marks them up by $25k on average apparently.

How does FCA allow this sort of behavior? I mean, there are customers ready and willing to buy and these dealers flat out refuse to sell them new!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure in Canada but some dealers in the US happily tack on 10-20k right to the sticker. I'm not a fan of how RAM seems to be treating its customers in Canada.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This dealer marks them up by $25k on average apparently.

How does FCA allow this sort of behavior? I mean, there are customers ready and willing to buy and these dealers flat out refuse to sell them new!
considering 90% of dealers in the US did this during the pandemic, some still doing it now, I doubt FCA cares.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As much as I hate modern gm. This is one thing they realized was going to happen and are trying to get ahead of it.

My dealer tried to make me pay over msrp during the Covid height and it took my walking out the door for them to change that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpbst3

Reaction score
You want a rare high demand vehicle during a vehicle shortage.

People are damn near paying MSRP for basic Rams, F150s.

I would absolutely expect to pay thousands over MSRP for a TRX.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I hate modern gm. This is one thing they realized was going to happen and are trying to get ahead of it.

My dealer tried to make me pay over msrp during the Covid height and it took my walking out the door for them to change that.

A good friend just got his Z06/Z07 and paid $10K over MSRP to jump the line or it was 15 months. That was with an insider deal.

GM isn't stopping anything.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
“Trying” to get ahead of it. Obviously things are going to slip though.

U

User_3336

I got $8,000 off my RAM in 2022. RAM is the only brand I haven't seen overinflating prices.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

TRXs aren't rare.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Yeah I live in a small town and know of at least 10. It’s mainly guys in their 60s driving them too.

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
TRXs aren't rare.
Agreed. They aren't a limited run vehicle.

A friend of mine bought one of the 300 Demons that came to Canada and paid MSRP. That was his first FCA and he didn't need to do anything but show up with money in hand.

If he could get a Demon for MSRP, you'd think a repeat FCA customer could get a TRX for such.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a '22 Limited and paid under sticker.

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
A little off topic but one of the GM's at a local RAM dealer told me that coming in June/July, the TRX will be available in a limited edition "tan" colour.

That thing would look great in ANY coloir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/