5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Care?? They’re clueless

MichaelFoybert

Reaction score
Been dealing with Ram Care for over two weeks regarding a collapsed lifter and cam replacement.
Dear lord they are terrible. Not one rep has a clue about the vehicles! After on phone with one of them for 20 min. They thought I was talking about my power seat.
Next person logged everything down as a transmission. I didn’t know trans had cams??
There’s clearly a tremendous language barrier too. Can’t understand a word they say.

Anyone actually have good luck??

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well ram care are just some cheap labor they probably hired for minimum wage that have no idea how cars and engines work.
hell, if they hire someone who knows how engines work... that'd be too expensive.

good luck man!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Going to get worse since Stellantis just showed how little they care about employing American workers. IMO your best bet is to make calls up the chain until you find someone who cares, maybe start with an area rep.

cerbo

Reaction score
IMO the service market has fallen apart since 2020 in all (if not most) areas.
Just another example.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most customer service reps for any major company are just cheap labor, sitting in a call center, that only knows what their computer tells them. So the information is only as good as the input from the call center person.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I dealt with RamCares back in 2020 and they did a great job helping me out but they did speak English and my issue was more technical then mechanical so maybe that's why. That's unfortunate. I have learned that there are a limited number of highly skilled people at big companies and getting a hold of them is a needle in a haystack.

JRD

Reaction score
Going to get worse since Stellantis just showed how little they care about employing American workers. IMO your best bet is to make calls up the chain until you find someone who cares, maybe start with an area rep.
This is what I did. I spoke with probably 4 or 5 people and after demanding a supervisor to 3 of them a lady finally got back to me who has been much better and far more helpful.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cannot count the number of times I have asked to speak to someone who speaks English as their first language.
I tell the first rep that I cannot understand their English. They always apologize and then continue on. I have to repeat myself several times.
I don't get disrespectful with them and I tell them it is nothing personal but I want to speak to someone that I can understand.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ramcares, Maxcare, and so on are all outsourced crap now. Good luck with ramcares, you will have better luck talking sense to your dealer for any help. They can talk to their rep and get things done.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yet Stellantis is going to roll out a more complicated mainstream motor to replace the dinosaur V8 Hemi, that still has these quality of issues and customer service responses. Waiting list on freaking cast iron exhaust manifolds that have been an issues for many years, can't imagine what the Hurricane is going to have.

It's going to be much more of this when the Hurricane becomes a mainstay engine in a slew of high volume vehicles instead of lower volume expensive wagons they are in so far. Can't wait to see the wait times going into the dealership after 2025.

In terms of customer service being outsourced, the language barrier is definitely an issue, especially when it becomes more technical, though not like your typical American non-tech is going to know anything either. But also depends on the country, usually it's easier to follow English speaking patterns from the Philippines, which has American centric speaking patterns. Indian accents can be very difficult for Americans to follow, which is more British English pattern.

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yet Stellantis is going to roll out a more complicated mainstream motor to replace the dinosaur V8 Hemi, that still has these quality of issues and customer service responses. Waiting list on freaking cast iron exhaust manifolds that have been an issues for many years, can't imagine what the Hurricane is going to have.

It's going to be much more of this when the Hurricane becomes a mainstay engine in a slew of high volume vehicles instead of lower volume expensive wagons they are in so far. Can't wait to see the wait times going into the dealership after 2025.

In terms of customer service being outsourced, the language barrier is definitely an issue, especially when it becomes more technical, though not like your typical American non-tech is going to know anything either. But also depends on the country, usually it's easier to follow English speaking patterns from the Philippines, which has American centric speaking patterns. Indian accents can be very difficult for Americans to follow, which is more British English pattern.
Good news, no exhaust manifolds on that fancy new Hurricane. 😅

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heck there are plenty of US citizens whose English I can't understand! :LOL:
yeap as guy who works at a local hotel part time i see people holding US passports at check in and demand someone who speaks chinese.

i mean i do speak the language but if i do... that's when they get rude and complain. so i much rather deal with their english that I don't understand or use a translation app

JRD

Reaction score
yeap as guy who works at a local hotel part time i see people holding US passports at check in and demand someone who speaks chinese.

i mean i do speak the language but if i do... that's when they get rude and complain. so i much rather deal with their english that I don't understand or use a translation app
Come down here to the south and trust me you’ll still need the app from time to time. Some of these guys from the mountains you can’t understand a word they say.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Come down here to the south and trust me you’ll still need the app from time to time. Some of these guys from the mountains you can’t understand a word they say.
ah yes lol i had someone from the mountains in the south and i couldn't really understand him.
i had to guess and that day luck was on my side i guessed it all right :LOL:

usedup

Reaction score
I have asked more than one if he looks out the window can he see an elephant or a cow laying in the street.

Users who are viewing this thread