5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Care Membership

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This really pissed me off. So I read about Ram Care membership (Ram Care - Complimentary service and support for Ram Truck Owners (ramtrucks.com). It specifically states "When you purchase an eligible Ram Brand vehicle, you will automatically be enrolled in a 24-month Ram Care membership". Nowhere does it mention for only TX purchased trucks. Based on their website, I believed my 2021 Ram Limited would be enrolled. It never was enrolled, so I called today and was told it only applies to Texas-purchased trucks but I could buy a membership. Just curious, does anyone know anything about this?

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
So my Ram Care story is when I bought my truck (in Texas) the dealership never mentioned a word about Ram Care or any of the benefits like the 2 years of free oil changes. When I was sitting in the finance office they tried to convince me to buy THEIR own maintenance plan for $1,000 that included the free oil changes. I almost said yes but luckily declined. Fast forward 2 weeks after purchase and I start getting all of the Ram Care postcards in the mail and the membership benefits - I immediately thought of how many people they suckered into paying for their crappy maintenance plan. How pissed would you be if you bought & paid for a plan from the dealer when you got one for free from Ram just for buying the truck. You have to really watch out when you are at a dealership for purchase OR service. They will take advantage of you so fast.

So far I've used 2 of my free oil changes but I refuse to go to the dealership where I purchased the truck.

U

User_3336

RAM CARE used to be on every FCA vehicle. This stopped years ago. All it was 4 oil changes for 2 years.
It started in the MY 2017, and I think it was discontinued in 2019

And Yes, the program is only applicable for purchases in the state of TX currently.

The ONLY other brand that automatically comes with the "CARE" package is JEEP, and its called JEEP WAVE.

GENERAL CONDITIONS​

The Ram Care Program (the "Plan") is a membership and service program offered by FCA US LLC on certain Ram Brand models sold in the state of Texas. The Plan includes benefits accessible in the dealership as well as online through the Mopar.com web site.

MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY​

Membership in the Plan is open to residents of the state of Texas who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Purchasers of select MY17 or newer Ram Brand models are automatically enrolled in the Plan at time of purchase (see list of eligible models below) at no cost to the customer. In addition, owners of MY14 or newer Ram Brand vehicles may buy in (pay) to join the Plan. State and local taxes may apply.

2017 Model-Year or Newer Vehicles with Ram Care:

Ram 1500: Big Horn®, Laramie®, Laramie Longhorn®, Limited, Lone Star, Lone Star Silver, Night, Rebel, Sport, TRX

U

User_3336

This really pissed me off. So I read about Ram Care membership (Ram Care - Complimentary service and support for Ram Truck Owners (ramtrucks.com). It specifically states "When you purchase an eligible Ram Brand vehicle, you will automatically be enrolled in a 24-month Ram Care membership". Nowhere does it mention for only TX purchased trucks. Based on their website, I believed my 2021 Ram Limited would be enrolled. It never was enrolled, so I called today and was told it only applies to Texas-purchased trucks but I could buy a membership. Just curious, does anyone know anything about this?
Actually it DOES state TX!

Read Post #3 above.

Curious why you're "pissed off" about this a year later you took delivery of your truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

As shown above, and this comes up often on all the RAM forums, it does state TX only in the T&C's.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually it DOES state TX!

Read Post #3 above.

Curious why you're "pissed off" about this a year later you took delivery of your truck.
Because I haven't tried to use it yet bud. It's there on my Jeep automatically. I didn't read all the terms. BUT, on the Ram Care website it reads "Ram Care is an exclusive membership program filled with exciting benefits and perks created to bring our owners the utmost in care and 24/7 support. When you purchase an eligible Ram Brand vehicle, you will automatically be enrolled in a 24-month Ram Care membership. " Right under that it lists eligible vehicle (which includes Ram 1500 Limited). Just seems they'd make it clear it's only for TX without having to read the fine print. I mean is TX more important than the rest of the damn country??? (don't answer that if you're from TX).

U

User_3336

Because I haven't tried to use it yet bud. It's there on my Jeep automatically. I didn't read all the terms. BUT, on the Ram Care website it reads "Ram Care is an exclusive membership program filled with exciting benefits and perks created to bring our owners the utmost in care and 24/7 support. When you purchase an eligible Ram Brand vehicle, you will automatically be enrolled in a 24-month Ram Care membership. " Right under that it lists eligible vehicle (which includes Ram 1500 Limited). Just seems they'd make it clear it's only for TX without having to read the fine print. I mean is TX more important than the rest of the damn country??? (don't answer that if you're from TX).
The Key Word was **** ELIGIBLE ****. If you weren't in TX, you weren't eligible. Plain as that. You can probably argue with the FCA legal department, but I doubt you'd win.

desertfox73

Reaction score

Just had a very similar experience. My local dealer (Nashville) had never heard of the program when I tried to schedule my oil change, in spite of me telling them to literally Google it, so they recommended I call MOPAR. MOPAR wasn’t sure why my truck didn’t show up as “enrolled”, so they had me call the dealer I purchased it from (Mark Dodge). The finance person at Mark Dodge told me that because my car had been purchased across state lines it was not eligible. I asked where that language was stipulated, and all she could say was “I’ve just heard that.” Not a great representative of the brand.

Yes, the “Texas only” provision is stated in the “Terms and Conditions” page of the Ram Care website, but the fact that it’s not FRONT AND CENTER is incredibly slimy and feels highly unethical, somewhat like a bait and switch. You would think that a program that literally only applies to one state of purchase would list that straight up front.

All in all, this is a **** move on RAM’s part. Hardly a transparent approach to sales - which I realize the the reality of the car sales world, and many would suggest accepting that reality, but why? Just because ’they all do it’?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just had a very similar experience. My local dealer (Nashville) had never heard of the program when I tried to schedule my oil change, in spite of me telling them to literally Google it, so they recommended I call MOPAR. MOPAR wasn’t sure why my truck didn’t show up as “enrolled”, so they had me call the dealer I purchased it from (Mark Dodge). The finance person at Mark Dodge told me that because my car had been purchased across state lines it was not eligible. I asked where that language was stipulated, and all she could say was “I’ve just heard that.” Not a great representative of the brand.

Yes, the “Texas only” provision is stated in the “Terms and Conditions” page of the Ram Care website, but the fact that it’s not FRONT AND CENTER is incredibly slimy and feels highly unethical, somewhat like a bait and switch. You would think that a program that literally only applies to one state of purchase would list that straight up front.

All in all, this is a **** move on RAM’s part. Hardly a transparent approach to sales - which I realize the the reality of the car sales world, and many would suggest accepting that reality, but why? Just because ’they all do it’?
Post #3 shows pretty clear, trucks sold in Texas. It's in the very first line or general conditions.

desertfox73

Reaction score
Post #3 shows pretty clear, trucks sold in Texas. It's in the very first line or general conditions.
Yes, I acknowledged that specifically in my post. My point is that the Terms and Conditions are the last page of the website, and something this essential should be front and center. Clearly this is confusing to others as well. Even when I called Mopar they couldn’t explain why I wasn’t enrolled in it.

Adding to the confusion, on the “FAQ” page of the Ram Care website (Ram Care - Complimentary service and support for Ram Truck Owners), there is even a FAQ “Who is eligible for Ram Care?”. This would have also been a golden opportunity to say “buyers from Texas only”, yet the answer they post is: “Select 2017 model year and newer Ram Brand vehicles are eligible for Ram Care. Additionally, owners of 2014 model year and newer vehicles not listed below have the opportunity to enroll for an annual fee and experience the benefits that the Ram Care program has to offer.” Hell, they even mention that the “Lone Star Edition is only available in Texas”…which also could have been a perfect opportunity to mention the entire program is only available in Texas…don’t you think? Lol.

Again, my point is that on an entire website dedicated to a program that is only available for people of the Great State of Texas, that extremely relevant information is buried on the back page of the website. The lack of transparency isn’t helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 9
U

User_3336

Take it up with FCA, not much you're going to accomplish here. No sense of beating it in the ground here (unless it makes you feel better).

Did you sign up on the forums just to B&&&& about this?

Users who are viewing this thread