5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Buy 3 Get 1...

reidcc

Reaction score
Brought my 20 1500 in for an oil change today(24K miles) and they noted my Dueler Alenza's were down to 5/32's. I live in North Central Mass on a road that has a 3 mile climb(and a 3 mile descent to leave). 2 storms last year my downtown got 2 inches and I got a foot each time. Yes- I'm sensitive to tires in winter, and for years got by on our Frontiers and Xterra's on Cooper AT3's. The last set I had was on a Colorado and was the worst set I had mileage wise.

OF course RAM was only to happy to give me some quotes...
Dueler AT3 Revo's $1330 installed with alignment PLUS tax (buy 3 get 1 for a penny)
Falken Wildpeak AT3W A $1400 Installed with alignment PLUS tax again buy 3, 1 for a penny

At Sullivan Tire:
Falken Wildpeak AT3W A $1393 installed with Alignment AND TAX
Continental TerrainContact AT $1194 installed with Alignment AND TAX

Bridgestone dealer
Dueler AT3 Revo's $1080 tires, $116 mount/balance, $100 align, $67 tax $1363 installed/Algin/Tax

Not lookin like buy 3 get 1 is such a good deal after all only paying for 3 - basically almost matching others 4 tire prices.

Chris

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Brought my 20 1500 in for an oil change today(24K miles) and they noted my Dueler Alenza's were down to 5/32's. I live in North Central Mass on a road that has a 3 mile climb(and a 3 mile descent to leave). 2 storms last year my downtown got 2 inches and I got a foot each time. Yes- I'm sensitive to tires in winter, and for years got by on our Frontiers and Xterra's on Cooper AT3's. The last set I had was on a Colorado and was the worst set I had mileage wise.

OF course RAM was only to happy to give me some quotes...
Dueler AT3 Revo's $1330 installed with alignment PLUS tax (buy 3 get 1 for a penny)
Falken Wildpeak AT3W A $1400 Installed with alignment PLUS tax again buy 3, 1 for a penny

At Sullivan Tire:
Falken Wildpeak AT3W A $1393 installed with Alignment AND TAX
Continental TerrainContact AT $1194 installed with Alignment AND TAX

Bridgestone dealer
Dueler AT3 Revo's $1080 tires, $116 mount/balance, $100 align, $67 tax $1363 installed/Algin/Tax

Not lookin like buy 3 get 1 is such a good deal after all only paying for 3 - basically almost matching others 4 tire prices.

Chris
The buy three get one free is just a marketing gimmick. Shop around for best prices then take that price and go to your local Discount Tire/Americas Tire store and have them price match it

KevinT

Reaction score
I'm starting to shop for tires - 52K miles on OEM Falken Wildpeaks. I saw this ad a few weeks back and was wondering whether this was worthwhile deal. Thanks for confirming (it wasn't).

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the Ram dealer will price match on the individual tire price / and give you 4 for 3 deal then it is….. But they probably wont…

mplaramie

Reaction score
It worked for me. Got 4 toyo AT3's 285/50/22 for $1600 at the dealer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
While it sounds good from a marketing stand point, and will lure uninformed buyers in, there's a very high chance you can get four of the same exact tires from other sources cheaper. Shop around before jumping on it

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I did the buy 3 get 1 free from the dealer on my Terraincontact HT’s last month.
The price beat every other option around considering installation. (I beat everyone up to make sure I am getting the best price)
The only place that I recall being close was Walmart, and I preferred using the dealer lackey than a Walmart lackey to mount my 22’s

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep just makes you feel like your getting a deal with that buy three get one free to bad they”ll jack the price per tire up or will increase the mount/bal price on you.

Shop around online, walmart, discount and then get discount tire to price match or beat the lower price. I only trust discount to do my mounting and balancing from past experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep just makes you feel like your getting a deal with that buy three get one free to bad they”ll jack the price per tire up or will increase the mount/bal price on you.

Shop around online, walmart, discount and then get discount tire to price match or beat the lower price. I only trust discount to do my mounting and balancing from past experiences.

I have bought several tires from Discount Tire. But myast set I ordered through Simple Tire and had them shipped to and installed at local Firestone. The tire machine Firestone has outs Discount Tire to shame. It's what they call a contactless tire machine. They hold the tire on the same way it goes onto the balancing machines, with center hub, so no clamps to the barrel of wheel. And it's designed so nothin ever touches the lip of the wheel, except the tire itself

Poman

Reaction score
I almost, exclusively, buy tires for all of my vehicles at TireRack. Generally the cheapest and mount them at Costco, my $.02.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t bring anything I cared about to the rundown Firestone here I’m sure it varies in others area. Ive probably used a handful of different Discount Tires over the years (I often work out of state) and for a big chain store the services have always been great. Also they seem to be the only ones in the past that could get roadforce balancing right.

I have OCD when it comes to left doubled sided mounted tape, scratched barrels or just scratched lips when mounting tires I know most probably wouldn’t care but when your spending hard on money I can’t accept laziness.

My brother a had set of wheels/tires mounted not to long ago I told him prior use Discount. Nope he went with the cheaper place bit him in the butt. Wasn’t balanced right and then I pointed out the damage on the rim he wasn’t to happy lol.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I priced Simple Tire out as well prior but Walmart had the Wildpeaks on sale for much cheaper even though I despise that place so much I will at least use them to price match their price someone else and if their’s a warranty issue going through an online retailer can be a headache. I also spend a bit more on DT warranty, its helped in the past and worth the extra piece of mind.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I priced Simple Tire out as well prior but Walmart had the Wildpeaks on sale for much cheaper even though I despise that place so much I will at least use them to price match their price someone else and if their’s a warranty issue going through an online retailer can be a headache. I also spend a bit more on DT warranty, its helped in the past and worth the extra piece of mind.

When I used SimpleTire, they had a sitewide 30% off sale running.

Users who are viewing this thread