5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram boxes warping issue addressed with 2021?

AK103

Reaction score
Did Ram fix/address the warping of ram box lids in the 2021 models?

LMT5G

Reaction score
Did Ram fix/address the warping of ram box lids in the 2021 models?

Not to my knowledge, I saw some at the dealer the other day. Although they look a bit better than my 20, it appears it would only be a matter of time before they start warping. However, even with their faults, I still love my Rambox system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You won't be happy with them if you're more concerned about appearances than you are with function. I wish they fit better than they do, but the usefulness of them far outweighs the alignment issues IMHO.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Where do they warp?
Made from plastic, no proper metal supports at the ends or the hinge. The hot sun moves the plastic like an old lava lamp. It's really pathetic. A child's small electric drivable "toy" car has better structure and support. FCA plays dumb and deaf! on so many Ram 1500 issues. As JD Powers and others move Ram/Jeep to the far, far South, then FCA may start to give a ....! I'm beginning to see my hinge sides to the rear door creep up.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Made from plastic, no proper metal supports at the ends or the hinge. The hot sun moves the plastic like an old lava lamp. It's really pathetic. A child's small electric drivable "toy" car has better structure and support. FCA plays dumb and deaf! on so many Ram 1500 issues. As JD Powers and others move Ram/Jeep to the far, far South, then FCA may start to give a ....! I'm beginning to see my hinge sides to the rear door creep up.
what if we somehow add a liner beneath the hood? not sure how you'd fix it there but sounds doable

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Might be a BIT of an exaggeration here. Mine have hardly moved in 2+ years in north Texas (50-degree temp swings, triple digits). They’re not perfect, but they look pretty good. Granted, I’ve seen pics of much worse than mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online