5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Boxes Rare On Dealer Lots

doug55579

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that dealer stock on the 2020s includes almost zero Rams with the Rambox feature? It seems you have to special order them now.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that dealer stock on the 2020s includes almost zero Rams with the Rambox feature? It seems you have to special order them now.
A lot like the early days, then (mid- to late-2018)!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's always been the case where I am. Pretty uncommon to see one on the lot. Funny thing is my local dealership had two Big Horns on their lot with ramboxes. But I didn't want that model, and they didn't have some of the other options I wanted. Dealer told me most customers don't want them, so they don't usually order them with that option. I ended up having to shop 300 miles away to find one in the color and optioned the way I wanted. Funny thing is both of those Big Horns are still sitting on the lot, unsold...four months later.

Maconi

Reaction score
Most people don't see the value in them (losing some bed space, having to buy special bed covers and bed accesories, etc.) and some don't want to deal with the known lid warping issue.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmm, I checked the dealer I bought from in Kernersville NC and sure enough, on Laramies (2020) there was only 1 in their inventory, it was white. Figured most guys want the Delmonico Red or the Black.
I didnt check the BH's since apparently that was not desired.

kevinjones1997

Reaction score

Yep - hardly any at the dealers in my area. This was a feature I really wanted, so I had to order. No big deal though - we agreed upon the price, I put down a $500 deposit, and that was that. Took about 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread