5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram box and bed extender?

EDDOC

Reaction score
My limited edition with the ram box system arrived without the bed extender. After nearly 2 months of trying to get it, the dealership is saying that my truck didn't come with it.
Is the bed extender no longer a part of the ram box cargo system?

I'm already annoyed about the folding mirrors and towing package :!

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Rambox models come with the bed divider that, with the proper pin and latch installed can also act as a bed extender....someone posted the part numbers for the latch....it wasn't expensive but Ram can't ship it that way

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My limited edition with the ram box system arrived without the bed extender. After nearly 2 months of trying to get it, the dealership is saying that my truck didn't come with it.
Is the bed extender no longer a part of the ram box cargo system?

I'm already annoyed about the folding mirrors and towing package :!
The rambox doesn’t automatically come with the bed divider/extender now. Supposedly changed for the 19 model year pretty much even though the wording in some of the material made it sound like it did. You had to order the bed utility group with the rambox to get the bed extender. I read about the issue on here before buying mine and had my dealer include one in my purchase. Only issue I have is that mine isn’t keyed for my truck but I will work on getting that done at some point probably

RebelRam2019

Reaction score
If you have the divider, it can be used as an extender of you order the correct parts. Ram can't configure their trucks with them any longer for legal reasons, but the parts are available from moparpartsinc.com

68054997AB 2 ea @ $ 16.38 ea GROMMET. PIVOT JOINT. D Pillar, Handle D Pillar.
68054996AA 2 ea @ $ 24.95 ea HANDLE. Swivel Release. D Pillar.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I know on the Larmies it only comes with the Bed Utility Group package. I assume it is the same on the Limiteds.

Reaction score
I have the Rambox option on my truck but not the BUG, so I did not get the bed divider. I’ve been searching the internet trying to find the bed divider but all of them say not compatible with Rambox. Has anyone been able to purchase the bed divider after their initial purchase?? Thanks!

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I have the Rambox option on my truck but not the BUG, so I did not get the bed divider. I’ve been searching the internet trying to find the bed divider but all of them say not compatible with Rambox. Has anyone been able to purchase the bed divider after their initial purchase?? Thanks!
Check eBay

Tom488

Reaction score
Part number 68027145AE is what you seek. Prepare yourself for the sticker shock.

Douglas31

Reaction score
It was kind of hit or miss early on and may have changed to only come with the BUG. Mine is a July build Laramie and it came with it even though I did not have the BUG.

Apexcars

Reaction score
Is the bed divider the same for Gen 5s as it was for Gen 4s? Currently on the build and price site, under the details for the BUG it states - Truck Bed Cargo Divider (Unavailable with some configurations). So I'm thinking I will just keep mine from my '14, and the pegs to use it as an extender, if it will fit when I get a '19.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Is the bed divider the same for Gen 5s as it was for Gen 4s? Currently on the build and price site, under the details for the BUG it states - Truck Bed Cargo Divider (Unavailable with some configurations). So I'm thinking I will just keep mine from my '14, and the pegs to use it as an extender, if it will fit when I get a '19.
I’m pretty sure they are the same if I remember right.

Gtbrown

Reaction score

I ordered the BUG, so I got the bed divider. I also got a used one off of eBay for about $300. I've never used it, in fact its still boxed.

https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Dod...MIv6-pk5XN4QIVRBx9Ch1T-A5DEAQYBCABEgKbOvD_BwE

PLEASE VERIFY, but I believe this is what you're looking for. It won't work as an extender without installing the missing hardware (2019 only).

famecity

Reaction score
I have the divider/extender but obviously, not the parts below that are needed. Is it worth it to try to find them off an older RAM at the boneyard? Will they fit?

Reaction score
I ordered the BUG, so I got the bed divider. I also got a used one off of eBay for about $300. I've never used it, in fact its still boxed.

https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Dod...MIv6-pk5XN4QIVRBx9Ch1T-A5DEAQYBCABEgKbOvD_BwE

PLEASE VERIFY, but I believe this is what you're looking for. It won't work as an extender without installing the missing hardware (2019 only).

Cool. That is what I’m looking for, I just need to make sure it works with the RAM Boxes. All of the ones I have found say they don’t work with RAM Box. Are you interested in selling it? (Sorry about the delayed response)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom488

Reaction score
I have the divider/extender but obviously, not the parts below that are needed. Is it worth it to try to find them off an older RAM at the boneyard? Will they fit?

Yes, older parts should fit just fine - anything from an '09 on up.

Tom488

Reaction score
Cool. That is what I’m looking for, I just need to make sure it works with the RAM Boxes. All of the ones I have found say they don’t work with RAM Box.
Part number 68027145AE, with the fold-out sides, is ONLY for trucks with the RAM Box. The ones you found were aftermarket (or rebranded Mopar Accessories), and designed for normal beds. GTBrown's EBay score IS the divider/extender that you're looking for.

ddf

Reaction score
TOM488, did you ever sell your 68027145AE extender? If not, I'm interested. Just bought my 1500 Rambox and the dealer had no idea they no longer come with the Rambox cargo system. (after selling them for how many months???) Will purchase the hardware (swivel handle & grommet stud) new but want to procure the divider first.

Users who are viewing this thread