5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Bins with Full-Length Rear Rubber Floor Mat

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
The rubber floor mat in the rear (which I like much more than the carpeted one in my 2019 Laramie) is obstructing access to the Ram bins. It's not just a little bit, I mean it's a PITA getting to them. I have to fight with the mat and lift half of it just to open the bin. I have had illusions of taking a sawzall to it, but have resisted the urge. lol

Anybody come up with a work-around?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hear you, it is a little annoying to lift the whole mat when I need something from a bin. I have often thought of cutting 3 sides of the mat and letting it open like a flap. My biggest concern is the mat will end up flexing or curling over time, thus defeating its own purpose. I suppose maybe I could put velcro strips under the flap.... now you have my wheels turning :unsure:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just keep things in those that I rarely need to access. Cutting the mat would make them more obvious. I'd rather put up with lifting the mat on the rare occasion if it means most people won't even know they're there.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
I have considered putting items I do not use regularly in there (at least the driver's side-passenger side has bungees, hitch etc) as a work-around, but darn it, I want to re-engineer it to make it usable! lol

Full disclosure; my truck is a lease and in 3 years she goes back, so the cutting of the mat will not affect me long-term, but cutting the mat will defeat the purpose of keeping any snow, mud etc contained whilst I do have the truck.

batman thinking.gif

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have considered putting items I do not use regularly in there (at least the driver's side-passenger side has bungees, hitch etc) as a work-around, but darn it, I want to re-engineer it to make it usable! lol

Full disclosure; my truck is a lease and in 3 years she goes back, so the cutting of the mat will not affect me long-term, but cutting the mat will defeat the purpose of keeping any snow, mud etc contained whilst I do have the truck.

View attachment 146009
The things I keep in there are the least used items I keep in the truck: Larger straps, duct tape, extra bungees/rags, etc. I used to keep the hitch/ball in there too, but then I realized how often I actually use that so it stays under the back seat. I would think someone could manufacture a mat with flaps that snap down and maybe have a little lip that extends over the main mat, if there was enough demand...

Users who are viewing this thread