5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM BEATS CHEVY IN 2019 3RD QUARTER SALES

RangerZ

Reaction score
I’m coming from a 2017 Silverado, I could have went with a 2019 Silverado but chose the Ram. Trust me, it isn’t just vocal you tubers that slam the new GM twins, it is a lot of current owners of the 2018 and older trucks. The new style is plain unattractive to many and even worse is the subpar interior and low quality of materials.

I chose the Ram. The GM twins offer the anemic 5.3 liter in the majority of their trucks, that engine is a dog. Off the line, it is slow. I also looked at the F-150, the interior is terrible compared to the Ram. So...I decided to take a chance and go for the Ram.
This is about right on for me. I bought 7 new GM trucks from 1998-2018. I loved them all with the exception of a 2016 that I didn’t like. I only kept it for year and went back to one with the 6.2. The 6.2 is a fantastic engine. I couldn’t get on board with the new ones. The ride and quietness in the cab of the ram is amazing in comparison. The interior is in a whole different league IMO compared to the GM’s. It’s easy to see the difference in quality on the materials used but too me the GM interior is about the same as my 2011 was. Some things were different but not much. I still have a Yukon with a 6.2 and it’s a beast for sure. Now if my ram is as reliable as my GM’s were then I’ll be very happy. FYI I never had a dealer visit with any of the GM’s or a break down. Hard to believe but true. Only took one to 100k miles though. Most all of them I traded around 55-65k miles

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I for one put 33K miles on a 2017 twin turbo (tuned) Ford Raptor. It was my second Raptor. LOVED LOVED LOVED my 2011 with the 6.2. Never could get used to the turbo 6 in the new one. So...now I drive a Ram.

Same here. Traded in my '17 Raptor for my Rebel and got a fat check. No Ragrets:
maxresdefault.jpg

Dave07

Reaction score
This is about right on for me. I bought 7 new GM trucks from 1998-2018. I loved them all with the exception of a 2016 that I didn’t like. I only kept it for year and went back to one with the 6.2. The 6.2 is a fantastic engine. I couldn’t get on board with the new ones. The ride and quietness in the cab of the ram is amazing in comparison. The interior is in a whole different league IMO compared to the GM’s. It’s easy to see the difference in quality on the materials used but too me the GM interior is about the same as my 2011 was. Some things were different but not much. I still have a Yukon with a 6.2 and it’s a beast for sure. Now if my ram is as reliable as my GM’s were then I’ll be very happy. FYI I never had a dealer visit with any of the GM’s or a break down. Hard to believe but true. Only took one to 100k miles though. Most all of them I traded around 55-65k miles
I'm not sure how your GM has never been in the dealership. My 2015 Silverado had at least 3 recalls in went in for. I had some other issues on top of that. I would buy a GM again when they get their act together with the interior. But if my Ram continues to be trouble free, I will definitely be getting another! Best truck out there IMO.

RangerZ

Reaction score
I'm not sure how your GM has never been in the dealership. My 2015 Silverado had at least 3 recalls in went in for. I had some other issues on top of that. I would buy a GM again when they get their act together with the interior. But if my Ram continues to be trouble free, I will definitely be getting another! Best truck out there IMO.
I remember one recall for the heated washer fluid on one of them but I never used it so it didn’t go in AND 2 days after I got the ram I got a recall for my 2018 something about brakes but that’s all the ones I remember

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a first time truck buyer, so I cross shopped everyone. Ford, Chevy, GMC, Toyota and RAM. I see a lot of all 5 brands on the road where I live, and there's strong dealers around here too. I had no brand loyalty what-so-ever.

My wife was keen on Toyota and GMC (Denali). I liked the F-150, and I saw a new Ram 1500 Limited last summer that took my breath away, while also having a huge soft spot for GM small block V-8's and LS/LT derivatives. So I spent the better part of 6 months doing my homework, and visiting dealerships.

All 5 trucks brands have significant strengths. If you took the 6.2 and 10-speed from GM, put it on the chassis of the RAM with the RAM's interior and tech, and then wrapped it in an aluminum body of the F-150 you'd have one of the best vehicles ever made!

As a cohesive all around package... exterior looks, capabilities, performance, features and amenities, interior design and price... it wasn't really much of a competition. It's not something that's easily quantifiable on a stat sheet, it just works... and leaves a big smile on my face everytime.

Users who are viewing this thread