5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM BADGE TO RAM LETTER CONVERSION?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys, is if possible to switch the ram emblem to the R-A-M lettering? Has this been done on the 2019-2020's?
RAM lettering is on the Rebel others get the ram's head. Different set ups on tailgates' emblems. You would need a new tailgate or I guess it could be done with somewhat extensive bodywork.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
As mentioned, they are different tailgates. The one with the RAM letters has holes for the emblem letters to locate. The RAM head emblem also has locating holes, but also is recessed into the tailgate itself. Which would need to be covered up someway.

Your cheapest alternative is try to find a tail gate on EBay that is already in the color of your truck with the RAM lettering.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I suppose if you want to copy GM, mine as well put "chevrolet" on the back lol!
Um...If I'm not mistaken, up until about 10 years ago, Dodge trucks all used to say DODGE on the back. Pretty much every truck maker has or is putting their name on the tailgate. Chevy certainly isn't the only one doing that. Ram isn't copying anyone by spelling out their name on the tailgate.

Cochise

Reaction score
You must be able to get it that way. I seen a few Limiteds with RAM on the tailgate a couple days ago. They were on a car hauler.
The red lights or whatever they are on the top of the rear bumper are new too. I have a 2021 Limited and it’s not like that.

Attachments

• 181FE69C-0C98-479E-8E3D-F7ED787C3A0B.jpeg
    181FE69C-0C98-479E-8E3D-F7ED787C3A0B.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 139
  • AFB915BD-293A-4360-9EA4-39EE60279FCA.jpeg
    AFB915BD-293A-4360-9EA4-39EE60279FCA.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 138

SD Rebel

Reaction score
You must be able to get it that way. I seen a few Limiteds with RAM on the tailgate a couple days ago. They were on a car hauler.
The red lights or whatever they are on the top of the rear bumper are new too. I have a 2021 Limited and it’s not like that.

That must be new, I only thought the Rebel has the RAM lettering tailgate. So now we have Rebels with lettering and emblem (multi-function tailgates) and Limited with lettering.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Um...If I'm not mistaken, up until about 10 years ago, Dodge trucks all used to say DODGE on the back. Pretty much every truck maker has or is putting their name on the tailgate. Chevy certainly isn't the only one doing that. Ram isn't copying anyone by spelling out their name on the tailgate.
It's funny how they all go through phases. Used to be the brand names. Then they changed it to the emblems. Now they're back to the names. 10 years ago...it was the emblems. It's just funny to me...but I mentioned Chevy just because theirs stands out the most...not in a great way either.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are probably heading to the boat to be shipped overseas . The models sold in overseas markets have the Ram letters they also have the little red reflectors on the plastic trim above the bumper as they are required in some markets.

Last edited:

Cochise

Reaction score
I was going to look at the window sticker to see if the lettering was listed but none of them had the window sticker on.

Gitter

Reaction score
It's funny how they all go through phases. Used to be the brand names. Then they changed it to the emblems. Now they're back to the names. 10 years ago...it was the emblems. It's just funny to me...but I mentioned Chevy just because theirs stands out the most...not in a great way either.
Maybe good ornaments will be next to come back! :D

HemiDude

Reaction score
First time I have seen that combo

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a friend in Oman who has a 2019 Big Horn. He has the RAM lettering in Chrome on the tailgate. It looks really dope compared to the standard Head Badge. Middle East Trucks must get that tailgate.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe good ornaments will be next to come back! :D
Funny you say that - as a kid I always wanted my dad to get a Dodge (he worked for GM) because of the RAMO hood ornament. Now I have a Ram but no ornament, and no tailgate badge. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread