5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram App Unlock Featurd Not Working

Nelw23

Reaction score
Upgraded from a 2021 ram bighorn with no app remote start/unlock support to a 2024 laramie that does. Remote start through the app works perfect, but when I go to use the unlock feature it says unsuccessful. I have noticed if I don't remote start first, the unlock feature will work. I work in New England as a lineman so the thought of being able to remote start my truck on the way back to the shop on a cold night is ideal and was one of the reasons i justified the upgrade, but I'm guilty of leaving my keys in the truck as it's a locked facility and poses little risk, so the unlock with the fob isn't usually an option. I did see one other thread on this with no resolution. Anyone have a fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318_225327_Ram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_225327_Ram.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 5

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I may be a bit confused. I have a 2020 Laramie, so the systems are similar but different. My truck is a UC 4 and yours is a UC 5. My truck must be first locked. Once the truck is locked, then the remote start will work, it takes about 2 minutes or so for the command to leave my phone,(android) to reach the truck and then return a truck start message. Sometimes the start command will fail, not sure why, I simply resend the request and it will usually work. Now, I understand you leave the "key" in the truck. That may be preventing the remote commands from working as the truck is able to "sense" the key. If that is true, it maybe refusing all remote commands as a safety/security measure as a design feature. Try a simple experiment to see if the "key" is out of the truck and send remote commands via the app, it may then work as desired. My "WAG" as a computer programmer's brain logic is thinking about the problem/solution.

BlueHemi1500

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Upgraded from a 2021 ram bighorn with no app remote start/unlock support to a 2024 laramie that does. Remote start through the app works perfect, but when I go to use the unlock feature it says unsuccessful. I have noticed if I don't remote start first, the unlock feature will work. I work in New England as a lineman so the thought of being able to remote start my truck on the way back to the shop on a cold night is ideal and was one of the reasons i justified the upgrade, but I'm guilty of leaving my keys in the truck as it's a locked facility and poses little risk, so the unlock with the fob isn't usually an option. I did see one other thread on this with no resolution. Anyone have a fix?
It's not going to allow you to remote unlock while remote start is active. It's a safety thing to prevent people from getting into a running vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread