5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram App and Geolocation

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Ram app (not "My Ram") and at the bottom of the main screen, there is a "Drive Alerts" feature that is greyed out. It says I have to enable geolocation on the head unit. I've searched through the menus and can't find it on the Uconnect. Does anyone know how to enable geolocation?

The app does show the location of my vehicle, so it almost seems like its already enabled?

Porky69

Reaction score
In my uconnect 5, Some where there is a setting labeled "allow siriusxm to see vehicle location" or something similar, maybe this is the same as enabling geolocation. Uc4 might be different

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my uconnect 5, Some where there is a setting labeled "allow siriusxm to see vehicle location" or something similar, maybe this is the same as enabling geolocation. Uc4 might be different
Thanks. I don't know if I've enabled the trial of SiriusXM Guardian. I wondered if that could be why its greyed out on the app. I haven't had a chance to go explore the system more, but I'll check the Sirius settings next time I'm in it.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I installed the Ram app (not "My Ram") and at the bottom of the main screen, there is a "Drive Alerts" feature that is greyed out. It says I have to enable geolocation on the head unit. I've searched through the menus and can't find it on the Uconnect. Does anyone know how to enable geolocation?

The app does show the location of my vehicle, so it almost seems like its already enabled?
I believe that is a UC5 feature and that could be why it’s greyed out.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe that is a UC5 feature and that could be why it’s greyed out.
That's possible. It says to activate it turn on geolocation in the truck, but that could be the default message for no connection. I think it's things like if your child drives your truck beyond a set radius, speeds, etc...?

Users who are viewing this thread