5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM AIRFLOW

budhebert

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2019 Ram Longhorn. I am considering the Ram airflow but wonder if it's worth the price in regards to performance.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Worth is only a question you can answer. You might shave a few tenths off 0-60 and gain a little HP at the top end. I'd get it just to free up space in the engine bay for an air compressor. However it's not worth the price to me. If you want a similar option for much less check out Vararam

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It looks great, but Is it worth the money? Prob not.

John Galt

Reaction score
I wouldn’t spend that much money on at best tiny gains likely within the margin of error.

as for looks…..are you gonna drive around with the hood open so everyone can see it? How often are you or anyone else going to see it?

it’s an awful lot of money to spend to impress your mechanic and put in a giant plastic thing that’ll probably be in the way every time someone needs access to the bits under it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t spend that much money on at best tiny gains likely within the margin of error.

as for looks…..are you gonna drive around with the hood open so everyone can see it? How often are you or anyone else going to see it?

it’s an awful lot of money to spend to impress your mechanic and put in a giant plastic thing that’ll probably be in the way every time someone needs access to the bits under it.
I bought my Vararam mostly for looks. But I take my truck to car shows and cruise ins/show and shines, where I have hood open. I'll tell you what's park my truck next to one with the RamAir and guess who will get more attention? Especially from the classic car guys. That orange air cleaner lid draws them in like flies.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it provide any improvement in throttle response? I thought I read somewhere that the throttle lag was minimized with this intake.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does it provide any improvement in throttle response? I thought I read somewhere that the throttle lag was minimized with this intake.
There is absolutely no way any air intake will effect throttle response on an electronic throttle body

John Galt

Reaction score
Throttle lag is in tHe computer and stability control (to prevent the rear end from getting away from you).

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most changes to these trucks are just eye candy. Big tires, lifts, de-badging, bed covers, air cleaner options and all the rest, do little or nothing for mpg, performance or anything else that will gain anything. They are for the preference of the owner to change the truck into what they want it to look like or sound like. Don't get me wrong, because there are performance options that actually do something to massage the truck for a special purpose.
But in all reality, don't ask others for an opinion, because it is for the most part, worth what you pay for it.
Bottom line, if you like it and can afford it, do it. You are the only one that has to be happy with it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you want to minimize throttle lag, get a pedal commander or similar to throttle controller. That will be more worth the cash.

Users who are viewing this thread