5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Airflow

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me, anecdotally thusfar? And again I'm driving it to hear the engine and test the power vs pedal relationship?
I'm thinking the gain is between .5 and 1mpg ,averaging to .7

I'm really interested to see what it will do on a highway loop. I'll know there's been a gain if I can break 20 mpg.
I have broken 20 a couple of times after the install.

I even broke 21 once when I was driving very conservative on a vacation trip.

21.3 MPG is my all time best.

mileage21.png

Last edited:

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have broken 20 a couple of times after the install.

I even broke 21 once when I was driving very conservative on a vacation trip.

21.3 MPG iis my all time best.

View attachment 66329

Pretty good, and you're running the duratracs on yours if I remember right?

What would you guesstimate your MPG improvement to be?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah, I have the Rebel wheel and tires on my truck.

I would be getting better if I would have left the stock setup on the on truck.

I would say I have got a solid 1 MPG improvement. (y)

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The other determining factors between our trucks and mileage are, my truck has a 3.21 rear axle versus your 3.92 you have a Crew Cab and 33 gallon tank so your truck will have a heaver GVWR.

But you should still see about a .7 - 1 MPG improvement.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The other determining factors between our trucks and mileage are, my truck has a 3.21 rear axle versus your 3.92 you have a Crew Cab and 33 gallon tank so your truck will have a heaver GVWR.

But you should still see about a .7 - 1 MPG improvement.

This mirrors what I'm thinking I'm seeing early on

I think at the absolute lowest,, maybe +.5mpg, and again I'm driving it a bit harder to hear the exhaust!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This mirrors what I'm thinking I'm seeing early on

I think at the absolute lowest,, maybe +.5mpg, and again I'm driving it a bit harder to hear the exhaust!
It took me awhile to notice the gas mileage improvement as well, I was having to much fun enjoying the performance enhancement and the new tones in the exhaust. :p

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It took me awhile to notice the gas mileage improvement as well, I was having to much fun enjoying the performance enhancement and the new tones in the exhaust. :p

It's absolutely intoxicating, I can tell there's less lag from gas pedal press to engine response. It has allll the air it needs immediately.
And It's so nice to hear that magnaflow sound on an engine that's really breathing!

Kob0583

Reaction score
Just ordered my intake can’t wait to get it, then OCC, then exhaust. This forum has got me going broke but it’s so fun, just added a PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered my intake can’t wait to get it, then OCC, then exhaust. This forum has got me going broke but it’s so fun, just added a PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ram air is something I'm now putting in the "Would not want to live without it" category!
I'm starting to get ideas now that I see how much space there is in the engine bay

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ram air is something I'm now putting in the "Would not want to live without it" category!
I'm starting to get ideas now that I see how much space there is in the engine bay
I added a dual battery setup.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added a dual battery setup.

I'm gunna have to give that thread a good read. I'm mulling over an LED lightbar, and this might be a good idea with the free space

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm gunna have to give that thread a good read. I'm mulling over an LED lightbar, and this might be a good idea with the free space
The dual battery will aslo work well with a winch or when you go camping on the trial.

I have ordered a suitcase solar panel to charge the spare battery when I'm camping.

bfhawki

Reaction score
I installed this Ram Air Flow intake and Mishimoto catch can today and didn’t have any problem installing them, both look great. I disconnected the negative wiring harness and neg battery terminal like instructions said. When I started it up, I had to reset a few settings because the battery had been disconnected but my backup camera and surround cameras don’t work. It say cameras unavailable. I can’t figure out how to get them back on. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Bearman95

Reaction score
I have heard other people say that everything comes back after a couple of hours when you reconnect the battery! I installed the ram air in my Laramie and everything worked as soon as I reconnected the battery, no problems for me!

Users who are viewing this thread