5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Airflow intake without aftermarket exhaust

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Hey all,
Searched but couldn't find. Anyone have the Ram airflow cold air intake without an aftermarket exhaust? How does it sound?

Thanks in advance,
Vince

Kob0583

Reaction score
Only difference I’ve notice is if you floor it otherwise normal driving better MPG at highway otherwise feels more or less the same unless I mash the pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Searched but couldn't find. Anyone have the Ram airflow cold air intake without an aftermarket exhaust? How does it sound?

Just installed mine a week ago. As others said, no real sound difference that I can tell until you floor it. However, when flooring it, a little more engine growl (with the better acceleration).

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had a CAI on a previous car and it sounds kind it acted the same as the RAM one. Was looking for a little sound but didn't want to go exhaust yet. Am worried about the drone whole while towing.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just like any engine, replacing the stock intake on a Ram 1500 with any aftermarket system will increase the sound of the air going into the throttle body, along with other intake related sounds. It will have no effect on exhaust sound. Stock intake systems are designed to reduce the inherent sounds associated with the induction system, while aftermarket intakes are not designed to do that.

Reaction score
Looking to do a cold air intake to add some more power/air AND better gas milelage... This thing is a pig! That said, it looks like the airbox has good ventilation (in and out) and just needs a good KN filter to flow. No need to spend $350 on a new one. I am leaning towards the cat-back and let it breath better there... Any comments/suggestions?

Pawheel

Reaction score
Combining the intake with a cat back will improve gas mileage?

Reaction score
Looking for a good by-pass tube like an Outlaw or Flowmaster. Not interested in a whole conversion kit. Any suggestions? Not much available for a 2020 Rebel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online