5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 4x4 Limited Height.

wirles

Reaction score
I looked online and the height of the Ram is stated as 77.4" to 77.6". Does that include the antenna fin? I ask because I went to park in a parking deck that stated it had 7 feet clearance and it looked as if the fin would clip the warning bar. I was in entry exit mode as well.

warvet

Reaction score
Truthfully, I'd measure it manually versus the published measurements. There are so many variables like.......do you have 20s or the 22s and then how much air are you actually using in your tires. I know the circumference of the tires should be the same or nearly the same even with different size rim/tire combos that come on them....but I'd still measure manually. I wouldn't think the published height includes the antenna fin.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watching this thread to find out how tall other Rams are

I believe in the 4th gens, the rule of thumb was, if your antenna doesn't hit it, you can probably clear it (But watch the rear fin). I think the antenna tip was the height of the truck. If you heard it clink, you were boned.

warvet

Reaction score
Guys, do you have tape measures? Maybe I’m overly simple. Measure from your garage floor to the top opening of ur garage. Then park your truck in the threshold/opening of your garage with ur shark fin directly under the opening of your garage. Stand in your bed, measure from your shark fin up to the opening of ur garage. Subtract those two numbers and there is your height. I would trust that all day long over others measurements of their trucks. It may not be precisely accurate to the 1/8th or 1/16th of an inch, but just measure it a few times and ...there u have it.

cjmst23

Reaction score
And measure with the air suspension in its lowest position.

Users who are viewing this thread