5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 3500 "Clunk"

pwrhws

Reaction score
I recently traded my 17 f350 CC DRW for a 20 MC DRW HO LongHorn. In fact ive only got about 300 miles on the new truck.

Since I picked the truck up from the out of state dealer it has a "clunk" in the right front when the RF wheel drops off a small bump. I can recreate it daily pulling out of the convenience store on to the street. There is a smallish (3in or less) drop from the parking lots concrete to the asphalt of the road. This happen with a slight turn of the wheel to the right, it may do it straight as well, havent really had the time to commit to attempting different conditions.

The clunk is heard on the right side front floor/firewall area, thought it may have been a cab mount bushing, but those all appear to be tight.

Has anyone else experienced this, if so what was the cure? Id like to just handle it myself if its something that just needed tightened up or moved, as getting to the dealer is a bit of an issue.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently traded my 17 f350 CC DRW for a 20 MC DRW HO LongHorn. In fact ive only got about 300 miles on the new truck.

Since I picked the truck up from the out of state dealer it has a "clunk" in the right front when the RF wheel drops off a small bump. I can recreate it daily pulling out of the convenience store on to the street. There is a smallish (3in or less) drop from the parking lots concrete to the asphalt of the road. This happen with a slight turn of the wheel to the right, it may do it straight as well, havent really had the time to commit to attempting different conditions.

The clunk is heard on the right side front floor/firewall area, thought it may have been a cab mount bushing, but those all appear to be tight.

Has anyone else experienced this, if so what was the cure? Id like to just handle it myself if its something that just needed tightened up or moved, as getting to the dealer is a bit of an issue.

Clunks are usually ball joints or a loose tie rod. There had been some guys complaining and dealers found loose bolts or worn bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blawrence39

Reaction score

I have this same exact issue with my 2020 2500. Have you found a solution to it yet? I see other threads about the body mounta, but they are describing the clunk when turning while our problems seem to be suspension related over even small drops/bumps.

Stevo38

Reaction score
I have this same exact issue with my 2020 2500. Have you found a solution to it yet? I see other threads about the body mounta, but they are describing the clunk when turning while our problems seem to be suspension related over even small drops/bumps.
I also have same issue in 2019 2500. Dealer replaced shock said they had it fixed didn’t make it out the parking lot issue still there to this day. Only thing I noticed they done is spray everything with WD-40. Any resolution to yours?

Users who are viewing this thread