5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 2500 Sun Visor Upgrade w/homelink

JustARam23

Reaction score
Ok so for those who want to upgrade there visor to add the driver vanity mirror and homelink it's a pretty easy install.

I ordered my visor out of a wrecked truck for 100.00 of ebay.

They can also be found on car-part.com (salvage trucks)

The hardest part is the wiring and even that is pretty simple.

You get power from the over head console. The Sun Visor requires ignition (ACC), ground, and Constant 12v.

Ground is shared between both
Constant is for the vanity mirror
Ignition is for the homelink

There are 2 plugs in the overhead console. The large plug is where you get ignition and ground.

Pink/yellow - ignition
Black - ground

The small plug is where you get constant. The color isn't clear in the picture but it's the wire all the way to the right with the retaining clip facing upwards.

I cut the sheathing off the wire and used the hook and loop method. But scotch locks should work just the same.

I cut the factory connector off and wired in a set of JST connectors I picked up on Amazon. And wrapped it in cloth harness tape.

Visor Colors
Black - ground
Blue - constant
White - ignition

This way it gave me a male and female connection so I could remove the mirror if needed.

I also attached an install video from infotainment which should help anyone interested.

Have questions or interested in doing this yourself please feel free to reach out.

Attachments

• IMG_20230305_203311.jpg
    IMG_20230305_203311.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20230305_200102.jpg
    IMG_20230305_200102.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230305_203857.jpg
    IMG_20230305_203857.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230306_064149.jpg
    IMG_20230306_064149.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 43

PSM2021

Reaction score
Hi JaR23,
This is a great write-up! Did you take down the infotainment video link. Is it the video using their harness and OEM visor?

JustARam23

Reaction score
I didn't take down the video link, I actually made my own harness, they didn't offer there harness when I did the write up.

PSM2021

Reaction score
I didn't take down the video link, I actually made my own harness, they didn't offer there harness when I did the write up.
Thanks for the reply. I decided to go the Infotainment premade harness route. I paid a bunch more for the visor (as there were plenty on e-Bay), but it was truly a plug and play effort after fishing the harness.

JustARam23

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I decided to go the Infotainment premade harness route. I paid a bunch more for the visor (as there were plenty on e-Bay), but it was truly a plug and play effort after fishing the harness.
No worries I understand, after installed mine for a brief time they actually offered just the harness. Which actually wasn't a pas deal. They just charge an arm and a leg for there products

proby50

Reaction score
This is a fantastic posting. I did have issues getting the Homelink to connect to the opener. I kept researching until I found the solution.
this is tricky; had issues with many other cars but this is how I get it to work and i have it working on all my cars now:

1) Clear the codes as instructed (holding down both buttons as noted above)
2) (this is key) take a working remote (even if rolling code) and one a button while, holding down the homelink key you want to use. You should get the rapid blinking on homelink
3) Now go to the unit and press the learning button and the homelink button you want to program until you get it synched.

Note: step two is key but not in any instructions, its like priming homelink; step 3 may take 3 to 6 tries after step two is completed.

Also note, there's at least two types of rolling codes so use the exact remote that matches the opener you want to activate.

Thank you socalifk7 for posting the solution!

Giattjos

Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get just the harness for the visors?

Giattjos

Reaction score
Ok so for those who want to upgrade there visor to add the driver vanity mirror and homelink it's a pretty easy install.

I ordered my visor out of a wrecked truck for 100.00 of ebay.

They can also be found on car-part.com (salvage trucks)

The hardest part is the wiring and even that is pretty simple.

You get power from the over head console. The Sun Visor requires ignition (ACC), ground, and Constant 12v.

Ground is shared between both
Constant is for the vanity mirror
Ignition is for the homelink

There are 2 plugs in the overhead console. The large plug is where you get ignition and ground.

Pink/yellow - ignition
Black - ground

The small plug is where you get constant. The color isn't clear in the picture but it's the wire all the way to the right with the retaining clip facing upwards.

I cut the sheathing off the wire and used the hook and loop method. But scotch locks should work just the same.

I cut the factory connector off and wired in a set of JST connectors I picked up on Amazon. And wrapped it in cloth harness tape.

Visor Colors
Black - ground
Blue - constant
White - ignition

This way it gave me a male and female connection so I could remove the mirror if needed.

I also attached an install video from infotainment which should help anyone interested.

Have questions or interested in doing this yourself please feel free to reach out.
What gauge wire did you use? Did it work with no issues?

Feet of lead

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if someone would come up with a smart phone app that would allow the user to take a picture of the connector and that would give you the manufacturer and model number? I am still searching for the proper 3 pin connector for these sun visors.

irishwake63

Reaction score
does it activate garage door without the key? if it does its an easy way to gain entry into your home

Users who are viewing this thread