5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Strut Advice on Leveling

Bill1084

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the Off Road Package. Tires are 275/70/18 . I just want the front leveled. Just had a local truck shop add a 2'' spacer to the stock front strut to level it and after a day or so it is making a noise it never made before but doesn't do it all the time. Have been back to the shop a few times taken apart everything and redone and still the same noise and now he wants to replace the strut. Did not go with new upper control arms as I was told I don't need them. Is there any recommendations on a strut. I was looking at the Rough Country . Should I buy one that has a 2'' already added or buy one that is adjustable. Was told if I buy a strut with a 2'' added it will only give me 1'' with my truck because it has a Off Road Package. Tried to talking to a few shops in the area and everyone says something different . The more I research and try to gain information the more confused I get.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the Off Road Package. Tires are 275/70/18 . I just want the front leveled. Just had a local truck shop add a 2'' spacer to the stock front strut to level it and after a day or so it is making a noise it never made before but doesn't do it all the time. Have been back to the shop a few times taken apart everything and redone and still the same noise and now he wants to replace the strut. Did not go with new upper control arms as I was told I don't need them. Is there any recommendations on a strut. I was looking at the Rough Country . Should I buy one that has a 2'' already added or buy one that is adjustable. Was told if I buy a strut with a 2'' added it will only give me 1'' with my truck because it has a Off Road Package. Tried to talking to a few shops in the area and everyone says something different . The more I research and try to gain information the more confused I get.
There are issues with goin cheap and using the leveling pucks on the ORP suspension. It causes the coil to contact the control arm. Using leveling struts is always the best option. Either Bilstein, eibach, or RC. Hopefully the shop that did initial install is going to give you a good discount in the struts for steering your wrong with the pucks initially.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
pucks on ORG trucks are known to cause issues
If you go with the RC loaded struts, yes you will only gain 1" - it is the stock coil springs that give you the 1" lift with the ORG - so basically you would remove your 1" lift for a 2" lift gaining only 1" from your current set up
Best option for ORG is a leveling struts and if you are going to max them up, get new uca's
the most popular choice is the Bilstein 5100, follow by eibach's that get great reviews as well. there are also belltech's 26020, and the RC one's which I think didn't come too long ago
cheapest option on uca's are mopar ones - I think like $100 for them
My set up - stock spings 1" with belltech at 1.5" - total 2 1/2"
I think maxing out the struts would had put me nose high - I don't think it would have look terrible since it is only another 1/2 in. I don't tow and don't carry heavy loads like I use to - so not having any rake left is not an issue for me but something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread