5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 1500 stance vs. Ford F-150

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Took this pic yesterday at my favorite BBQ joint (Rudy's BBQ in Katy, TX BTW).

Love the stance of the RAM, compared to the Ford. Mine was @ normal ride height, and you can see how much better it looks.

Cheers,

IMG_4866.jpeg

Last edited:

Whynot

Reaction score
This generation of the F-150 has always had the issue of the rear wheel looking way too small for the rear wheel and too much of a rake. I'm guessing because of its high payload/towing ability.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a matter of perspective, or wheel/bumper size, or whatever, but it's interesting that it looks like the 1500 has much less rear overhang than the F-150, even though their rear wheels look to be about the same distance from front of the bed.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a matter of perspective, or wheel/bumper size, or whatever, but it's interesting that it looks like the 1500 has much less rear overhang than the F-150, even though their rear wheels look to be about the same distance from front of the bed.
Now that you pointed that out, I think the difference is slight. An optical illusion is created by the (much) larger bumper returns on the Ram, the (slightly) larger fender flares on the Ram, the shapes of the wheel wells, and even the color of the two trucks (which draws the eye to the sheetmetal on the Ford).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They did a nice job 'tucking' the bumpers on the new Ram, as opposed to a 'bolt-on' truck bumper.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Now that you pointed that out, I think the difference is slight. An optical illusion is created by the (much) larger bumper returns on the Ram, the (slightly) larger fender flares on the Ram, the shapes of the wheel wells, and even the color of the two trucks (which draws the eye to the sheetmetal on the Ford).
You're correct. I believe the biggest difference is the bumper on the RAM. Massive compared to the Ford, and also "tucked in". Really like it.

Whynot

Reaction score

The Ram actually has longer total overhangs (Front + Rear) than the F150 (F150 has 86.9" of overhang total, Ram 88.3"). Unfortunately Ram doesn't break front vs rear overhangs down on their website, as least where I can quickly find, like Ford does.

sgk

Reaction score
This photo throughs me off, looks like the beds are 4' long. The rear door looks like its 3/4 of the bed size. There is no doubt the Ram looks more luxurious than the Ford, shame on them for putting those awful rims on a platinum trim.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For some reason this latest f150 just looks so drab and old to me. The Rams just so much tougher looking

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I'm not a fan of the F150 looks, like stated earlier the bumper looks bolt on and the sides are much more slab sided.

DeanKing

Reaction score
I’m not sure I see the difference. What do you mean by stance? Ground clearance? Wheel well opening to tire size?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Correct. How it sits. RAMs sit a little higher and with more prounced rake then Fords, which I like.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Ditto with the Chevy stance..
Also... regarding those square wheel wells... Yikes!

IMG_0391.jpeg

RebelMike

Reaction score
Yeah I have never been a fan of those square wheel wells. The Rams look much more refined.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
One of my motivations for buying a Rebel was how it looked. To me Ford, Chevy, GM looked too squarish like rectangular boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread